Hong Sang-soo’s In Another Country stars Isabelle Huppert and is playing in the competition section at the Cannes Film Festival. Kino Lorber has acquired all U.S. rights and plans a fall festival circuit and national theatrical rollout later in 2012. The English- and Korean-language film features two-time Cannes Best Actress winner Huppert playing three different characters in three different story segments about French tourists visiting the same seaside resort — all spanning from the imagination of a young film student. The deal was struck by Kino Lorber CEO Richard Lorber and CEO Youngjoo Suh of South Korea’s Finecut.
Kino Lorber Acquires Competition Title 'In Another Country': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest Film News
- PalmStar Media Closes Near $12M National Lampoon Deal; Can Laugh Brand Regain Luster?
- Cinema Audio Society Sets 2018 Awards Date, Timeline
- Toronto Fest Announcement To Kick Off Oscar-Season Guessing Game: Who Will Be In Or Out?
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- Sarah Paulson Joins M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’
- CCH Pounder Rejoins ‘Avatar’ Team For Sequels