Julie Pacino and Jennifer DeLia’s Poverty Row Entertainment and producer Said Zahraoui have acquired rights to Eileen Whitfield’s Mary Pickford biography Pickford: The Woman Who Made Hollywood. The producers are developing a feature (untitled for the moment) about Pickford’s life with a script from Josh Fagin. DeLia will direct. An early 2013 production start is being eyed. Silent star Pickford was known as “America’s Sweetheart” and was one of the 36 co-founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. In a legendary move in 1919, Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, Charlie Chaplin and DW Griffith together created United Artists. Recently, a battle has erupted over the right to use Pickford’s name, work and trademark between the Mary Pickford Institute of Film Education and the Mary Pickford Foundation.
Julie Pacino To Make Mary Pickford Biopic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update