John Karna is in negotiations to play the lead in Premature. The University of Oklahoma freshman would play a high school student in the movie, which occurs on Groundhog Day. Dan Beers will direct Premature from the script he co-wrote with Mat Harawitz. Aaron Ryder and Karen Lunder are producing. Karna’s last film Bindlestiffs was at Slamdance this past year. It was picked up for distribution by Kevin Smith. Karna is represented by the Coronel Group and attorney Jeff Frankel.
John Karna In Talks For 'Premature'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- TNT's 'The Last Ship' Finale Steady; 'Falling Skies' Penultimate Episode Tumbles From Last Year
- Netflix Slams “Disrupting” Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger To FCC
- Deadline's TV Team Live-Blogs The Emmys
- UPDATE: 'Doctor Who' Hits U.S. High With Season 8 Debut; BBC America Scores Top-Rated Saturday Ever
- HBO's 'True Blood' Series Finale Draws 4M Viewers; 'The Leftovers' Hits High
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Rising Star' Finale & 'Big Brother' Up, NFL Preseason Wins Night For NBC