John Karna is in negotiations to play the lead in Premature. The University of Oklahoma freshman would play a high school student in the movie, which occurs on Groundhog Day. Dan Beers will direct Premature from the script he co-wrote with Mat Harawitz. Aaron Ryder and Karen Lunder are producing. Karna’s last film Bindlestiffs was at Slamdance this past year. It was picked up for distribution by Kevin Smith. Karna is represented by the Coronel Group and attorney Jeff Frankel.
John Karna In Talks For 'Premature'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Patten
- ‘World Of Tomorrow’ Wins Sundance Short Film Grand Jury Prize
- Sundance Hands Out Science-In-Film Prizes
- Kickstarter CEO Yancey Strickler On “Exchange Of Value” And Financing Sundance Films
- Sarah Jones’ Parents Unveil New “Safety For Sarah” PSA, Tell Sundance “Never Again, Never Forget”…
- Jane Fonda Tells Sundance That Women Need To “Shame” Gender-Biased Studios
- Emile Hirsch Vs Paramount Exec In Sundance Scuffle