John Karna is in negotiations to play the lead in Premature. The University of Oklahoma freshman would play a high school student in the movie, which occurs on Groundhog Day. Dan Beers will direct Premature from the script he co-wrote with Mat Harawitz. Aaron Ryder and Karen Lunder are producing. Karna’s last film Bindlestiffs was at Slamdance this past year. It was picked up for distribution by Kevin Smith. Karna is represented by the Coronel Group and attorney Jeff Frankel.
John Karna In Talks For 'Premature'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Patten
- Animation Studios Lawsuit Wants Judge Who Scuttled Apple Settlement To Preside
- 'Dungeons & Dragons' Movie Rights Trial Starts With Roll Of The Sequel Dice
- UPDATE: ESPN's 'Monday Night Football' Rises In Week Two Of NFL Season
- Gov. Brown Likely To Sign Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion This Week
- FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Final Season Premiere Soars In Live+3 Ratings
- RATINGS RAT RACE UPDATE: NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' Down, 'Miss America' & 'American Dad' Fall