Joel Edgerton is to star in the Matthew Saville-directed Felony, a thriller that Edgerton also wrote and will produce. The Solution Entertainment Group arranged financing for the film and is handling international sales in Cannes with CAA repping the US. Shooting starts in late October on the story of a police officer who runs a young cyclist off the road. As he gives CPR to the child, fellow officers arrive to take his statement. In a split second decision he tells them a lie about the accident which will change all their lives. Goalpost Pictures Australia’s Rosemary Blight is also producing. Lisa Wilson and Myles Nestel of The Solution will executive produce. Roadshow Films will distribute in Australia and New Zealand. Edgerton, who broke out in gritty Oz hit Animal Kingdom, is currently shooting Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty. Saville’s feature debut, Noise, ran in Sundance in 2007. Edgerton is repped by CAA, Shanahan Management and Hirsh Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman.
Joel Edgerton Commits To 'Felony': Cannes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Tartaglione
- Ken Loach Calls For Cultural Boycott Of Israel, Labels U.S. A “Bully”: Reports
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Berlin Sets Wim Wenders Homage; BBC Two Orders 'Stonemouth' & UK's First Transgender Series; More
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies