Veteran writer-producer Jim Parriott has come on board ABC’s high-profile new drama series Nashville as executive producer/showrunner. The series, from Lionsgate TV and ABC Studios, is a family soap set against the backdrop of the Nashville music scene that follows one star at her peak (Connie Britton) and one on the rise (Hayden Panettiere). On the show, which landed the Wednesday 10 PM slot on the fall schedule, Parriott will serve as an executive producer alongside creator Callie Khouri, the pilot’s director R.J. Cutler and Steve Buchanan. Parriott most recently executive the ABC/ABC Family series Missing. His EP credits also include Covert Affairs, Sons Of Anarchy and Defying Gravity.
Jim Parriott To Run New ABC Drama 'Nashville'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest TV News
- ‘So Close’: Julie Klausner To Co-Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Maryland High School Shooter Dead, Two Classmates In Critical Condition – Update
- Lantern’s All-Cash Bid For The Weinstein Co. Is $310 Million, Documents Show
- ITV Global, Shout! Factory Pact For Multi-Film & Series Content Deal With Some Big Titles
- ‘Flack’: Sophie Okonedo, Genevieve Angelson, More Join Anna Paquin’s Pop TV Drama
- John Oliver’s Marlon Bundo Book Sells Out In A Day; Another Printing In Works