EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is in talks with Jason Bateman, Zac Efron, Goldie Hawn, and Leslie Mann to headline the ensemble of This Is Where I Leave You, the Adam Shankman-directed adaptation of the Jonathan Tropper comic novel about four siblings who come home to sit ‘shiva’ for their deceased father. They are trapped in the house for seven days, and all the skeletons are bared. Tropper, who memorably adapted Harvey into a script that once had Steven Spielberg committed to direct, adapted his own novel. It is a script that is drawing interest from a lot of talent, with other stars expected to step up for other roles in the ensemble. Spring Creek’s Paula Weinstein and Jeff Levine are producing with Shankman’s Offspring Entertainment partner Jennifer Gibgot. Hawn, who last starred in 2002’s The Banger Sisters, is in talks to play the clan’s mother. Bateman, Efron (whom Shankman directed in Hairspray) and Mann will play siblings. The intention is to begin production in early September. Shankman just directed the musical Rock of Ages, with Tom Cruise starring.
Jason Bateman, Zac Efron, Goldie Hawn, Leslie Mann Eye 'This Is Where I Leave You'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest Film News
- No Omerta As Coppola, Pacino And Cast Recall ‘Godfather’ Shoot – Tribeca
- Barbra Streisand Talks Filmmaking, Music & ‘A Star Is Born’ Clashes – Tribeca
- Palm Springs International Film Festival Sets January 2018 Dates
- ‘The Divine Order’ & ‘Hondros’ Take Tribeca Fest Audience Awards
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Reservoir Dogs’ Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He “Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out”…