EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is in talks with Jason Bateman, Zac Efron, Goldie Hawn, and Leslie Mann to headline the ensemble of This Is Where I Leave You, the Adam Shankman-directed adaptation of the Jonathan Tropper comic novel about four siblings who come home to sit ‘shiva’ for their deceased father. They are trapped in the house for seven days, and all the skeletons are bared. Tropper, who memorably adapted Harvey into a script that once had Steven Spielberg committed to direct, adapted his own novel. It is a script that is drawing interest from a lot of talent, with other stars expected to step up for other roles in the ensemble. Spring Creek’s Paula Weinstein and Jeff Levine are producing with Shankman’s Offspring Entertainment partner Jennifer Gibgot. Hawn, who last starred in 2002’s The Banger Sisters, is in talks to play the clan’s mother. Bateman, Efron (whom Shankman directed in Hairspray) and Mann will play siblings. The intention is to begin production in early September. Shankman just directed the musical Rock of Ages, with Tom Cruise starring.
Jason Bateman, Zac Efron, Goldie Hawn, Leslie Mann Eye 'This Is Where I Leave You'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Johnny Galecki Brings In Andrew Haas To Join His Production Shingle Alcide Bava
- TriStar Wins English-Language Debut By ‘Wild Tales’ Helmer Damian Szifron
- Alec Baldwin Plots TV Return As NYC Mayor In HBO Series
- UTA Signs Helmer Gavin Hood
- Relativity To Release Faith-Based Film ‘Hillsong–Let Hope Rise’
- Diablo Cody Set To Rewrite ‘Barbie’