EXCLUSIVE: The last big part in the upcoming second season of FX’s American Horror Story has been cast. Oscar nominee James Cromwell is in negotiations to join Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s hit anthology series for a big 10-episode arc opposite star Jessica Lange. Season 2 of AHS is set in an East Coast institution for the criminally insane run by Lange’s character. Cromwell will play the sought-after role of Dr. Arden, who works at the institution and goes head-to-head with his boss, played by Oscar winner Lange. Cromwell is the third big-name addition to AHS for next season along with fellow Oscar nominee Chloe Sevigny and Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine. They’re joined by French actress Lizzie Brocheré and four other actors from Season 1 who, like Lange, will be playing new characters: Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Lily Rabe. Paradigm-repped Cromwell recently co-starred in the Oscar-winning feature The Artist.
James Cromwell Joins FX's 'American Horror Story' For Season Two
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup