EXCLUSIVE: The last big part in the upcoming second season of FX’s American Horror Story has been cast. Oscar nominee James Cromwell is in negotiations to join Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s hit anthology series for a big 10-episode arc opposite star Jessica Lange. Season 2 of AHS is set in an East Coast institution for the criminally insane run by Lange’s character. Cromwell will play the sought-after role of Dr. Arden, who works at the institution and goes head-to-head with his boss, played by Oscar winner Lange. Cromwell is the third big-name addition to AHS for next season along with fellow Oscar nominee Chloe Sevigny and Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine. They’re joined by French actress Lizzie Brocheré and four other actors from Season 1 who, like Lange, will be playing new characters: Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Lily Rabe. Paradigm-repped Cromwell recently co-starred in the Oscar-winning feature The Artist.
James Cromwell Joins FX's 'American Horror Story' For Season Two
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'