EXCLUSIVE: The last big part in the upcoming second season of FX’s American Horror Story has been cast. Oscar nominee James Cromwell is in negotiations to join Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s hit anthology series for a big 10-episode arc opposite star Jessica Lange. Season 2 of AHS is set in an East Coast institution for the criminally insane run by Lange’s character. Cromwell will play the sought-after role of Dr. Arden, who works at the institution and goes head-to-head with his boss, played by Oscar winner Lange. Cromwell is the third big-name addition to AHS for next season along with fellow Oscar nominee Chloe Sevigny and Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine. They’re joined by French actress Lizzie Brocheré and four other actors from Season 1 who, like Lange, will be playing new characters: Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Lily Rabe. Paradigm-repped Cromwell recently co-starred in the Oscar-winning feature The Artist.
James Cromwell Joins FX's 'American Horror Story' For Season Two
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Latest TV News
- ‘Superior Donuts’: Judd Hirsch To Star In New Pilot For CBS Comedy In Recasting
- Comedian DC Young Fly Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Project Greenlight’ Canceled By HBO
- Shonda Rhimes, Bryan Cranston & Dozens Of Other Celebrities Join Anti-Trump Campaign
- Elizabeth Banks Makes Donald Trump Entrance At DNC, Says He’s Stealing Her ‘Hunger Games’ Act
- Brit Morgan Joins ‘The Arrangement’ Drama Series On E!