EXCLUSIVE: James Burrows, who directed the pilot for the new CBS/Warner Bros. comedy Partners, will be staying with the series as executive producer/director. He will segue to Partners from another CBS/WBTV comedy series, Mike & Molly, on which he served as an executive producer and primary director for the past two seasons. Partners marks a reunion for Burrows and the series creators/executive producers David Kohan and Max Mutchnick. Burrows served as an executive producer/director on the duo’s Will & Grace for the entire run of the hit NBC comedy series, marking the first series he took up such a role on since Cheers. After almost 40 years in the business, ICM-repped Burrows remains the preeminent multi-camera comedy director. He has directed the pilots for a whopping five of the 12 multi-camera broadcast series that will air next season, CBS’ Two And A Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls and Partners.
James Burrows To Serve As Executive Producer On New CBS Series 'Partners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’ Review: Netflix’s Royal Drama Glitters, With History The True Jewel
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Low – Update
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Clinton Camp Demands More Info As FBI Ponders Emails Found In Anthony Weiner Probe – Update
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV