EXCLUSIVE: James Burrows, who directed the pilot for the new CBS/Warner Bros. comedy Partners, will be staying with the series as executive producer/director. He will segue to Partners from another CBS/WBTV comedy series, Mike & Molly, on which he served as an executive producer and primary director for the past two seasons. Partners marks a reunion for Burrows and the series creators/executive producers David Kohan and Max Mutchnick. Burrows served as an executive producer/director on the duo’s Will & Grace for the entire run of the hit NBC comedy series, marking the first series he took up such a role on since Cheers. After almost 40 years in the business, ICM-repped Burrows remains the preeminent multi-camera comedy director. He has directed the pilots for a whopping five of the 12 multi-camera broadcast series that will air next season, CBS’ Two And A Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls and Partners.
James Burrows To Serve As Executive Producer On New CBS Series 'Partners'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' Dips Below $60M; 'Lights Out' Electrifies; 'Ice Age' Bit By 'Pets' -- Box Office Sat. AM
Latest TV News
- ‘Legion’ Trailer: First Look At Marvel’s X-Men FX Series – Comic-Con
- ‘The Expanse’: First Look At Season 2 Of Syfy Space Drama – Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek’ TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series “Won’t Be Episodic”, Bryan Fuller…
- ‘Wynonna Earp’ Renewed For Second Season By Syfy – Comic-Con
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Casts ‘Galavant’s Karen David As Princess Jasmine
- Tom Hiddleston Talks ‘Kong: Skull Island’, ‘Thor: Ragnorak’, Bond & Comic-Con “Fun”