EXCLUSIVE: James Burrows, who directed the pilot for the new CBS/Warner Bros. comedy Partners, will be staying with the series as executive producer/director. He will segue to Partners from another CBS/WBTV comedy series, Mike & Molly, on which he served as an executive producer and primary director for the past two seasons. Partners marks a reunion for Burrows and the series creators/executive producers David Kohan and Max Mutchnick. Burrows served as an executive producer/director on the duo’s Will & Grace for the entire run of the hit NBC comedy series, marking the first series he took up such a role on since Cheers. After almost 40 years in the business, ICM-repped Burrows remains the preeminent multi-camera comedy director. He has directed the pilots for a whopping five of the 12 multi-camera broadcast series that will air next season, CBS’ Two And A Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls and Partners.
James Burrows To Serve As Executive Producer On New CBS Series 'Partners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Repeats Tie ‘Voice’ For Top Spot On Tuesday
- Golden Globes: Limited Series Category, Ensemble Cast Designations Get Rules Tweaks
- ‘Kim Possible’: Sadie Stanley & Sean Giambrone To Star In Disney Channel Movie
- ‘Double Dare’ Game Show Revival Set On Nickelodeon
- ‘Dear White People’ Trailer: Racial Tensions Reach An All-Time Satirical High For Season 2
- Pop Sets New Shows ‘Clique’ And ‘Flack,’ Renews ‘Hollywood Darlings,’ ‘Swedish Dicks,’ ‘Schitt’s Creek,’ Embraces Linear TV…