EXCLUSIVE: James Burrows, who directed the pilot for the new CBS/Warner Bros. comedy Partners, will be staying with the series as executive producer/director. He will segue to Partners from another CBS/WBTV comedy series, Mike & Molly, on which he served as an executive producer and primary director for the past two seasons. Partners marks a reunion for Burrows and the series creators/executive producers David Kohan and Max Mutchnick. Burrows served as an executive producer/director on the duo’s Will & Grace for the entire run of the hit NBC comedy series, marking the first series he took up such a role on since Cheers. After almost 40 years in the business, ICM-repped Burrows remains the preeminent multi-camera comedy director. He has directed the pilots for a whopping five of the 12 multi-camera broadcast series that will air next season, CBS’ Two And A Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls and Partners.
James Burrows To Serve As Executive Producer On New CBS Series 'Partners'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- USA Network & Syfy Lay Off Employees In Wake Of Restructuring
- IFC Developing Unscripted Series Inspired By New York Magazine’s Vulture
- ‘Mirror’s Edge’ Video Game To Be Adapted As TV Series By Endemol Shine Studios
- MTV Sets ‘Scream After Dark!’ Aftershow Hosted By Jeffery Self
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘You Me Her’ Roars Into TV’s New Sexual Frontier
- Starz Moving ‘Power’ & ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ To Sundays