At the first taping of Season 2 of The X Factor today, new judge Britney Spears walked off the stage in the middle of the show, leaving Simon Cowell, LA Reid and Demi Lovato to dish out critics by themselves for awhile, TMZ reports. Rewind to the series premiere of X Factor last fall when Paula Abdul too walked off the stage in the middle of the taping. Coincidence? Both walkouts, an element normally designed to add drama to a show’s narrative, were triggered (or as it seemed) by an outlandish performance, a guy dropping off his trousers (Abdul) and a guy butchering one of Spears’ songs (Spears). For all the changes X Factor producers said they would make for Season 2, are they going by the same script with Spears cast in the role played by Abdul last season? Between the two new female judges, Spears is the older and better known, just was the case with Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger. For the newcomers’ sake, lets hope that a season that started the same as the last one won’t end the same, with a judging panel shakeup. As for the host position, also left vacant after Season 1, X Factor doesn’t have one (or two) in place yet and has been taping without an emcee today.
Did Britney Spears Take Page Out Of Paula Abdul's Playbook In Walking Off 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension