At the first taping of Season 2 of The X Factor today, new judge Britney Spears walked off the stage in the middle of the show, leaving Simon Cowell, LA Reid and Demi Lovato to dish out critics by themselves for awhile, TMZ reports. Rewind to the series premiere of X Factor last fall when Paula Abdul too walked off the stage in the middle of the taping. Coincidence? Both walkouts, an element normally designed to add drama to a show’s narrative, were triggered (or as it seemed) by an outlandish performance, a guy dropping off his trousers (Abdul) and a guy butchering one of Spears’ songs (Spears). For all the changes X Factor producers said they would make for Season 2, are they going by the same script with Spears cast in the role played by Abdul last season? Between the two new female judges, Spears is the older and better known, just was the case with Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger. For the newcomers’ sake, lets hope that a season that started the same as the last one won’t end the same, with a judging panel shakeup. As for the host position, also left vacant after Season 1, X Factor doesn’t have one (or two) in place yet and has been taping without an emcee today.
Did Britney Spears Take Page Out Of Paula Abdul's Playbook In Walking Off 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners – Full…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- WGA Awards: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Arrival’ Win Top Film Prizes; FX’s ‘Atlanta’ & ‘The Americans’ Lead TV – Complete Winners…
- ‘The Good Fight’ Premiere: Showrunners On New Streaming Setup, Deleted Trump Scene, Alicia & Eli Possibly Coming…
- ‘The Good Fight’ Review: Christine Baranski-Led ‘Good Wife’ Spinoff Is Very Good
- BBC America Launches New ‘Blue Planet’ After ‘Planet Earth II’ Debut