At the first taping of Season 2 of The X Factor today, new judge Britney Spears walked off the stage in the middle of the show, leaving Simon Cowell, LA Reid and Demi Lovato to dish out critics by themselves for awhile, TMZ reports. Rewind to the series premiere of X Factor last fall when Paula Abdul too walked off the stage in the middle of the taping. Coincidence? Both walkouts, an element normally designed to add drama to a show’s narrative, were triggered (or as it seemed) by an outlandish performance, a guy dropping off his trousers (Abdul) and a guy butchering one of Spears’ songs (Spears). For all the changes X Factor producers said they would make for Season 2, are they going by the same script with Spears cast in the role played by Abdul last season? Between the two new female judges, Spears is the older and better known, just was the case with Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger. For the newcomers’ sake, lets hope that a season that started the same as the last one won’t end the same, with a judging panel shakeup. As for the host position, also left vacant after Season 1, X Factor doesn’t have one (or two) in place yet and has been taping without an emcee today.
Did Britney Spears Take Page Out Of Paula Abdul's Playbook In Walking Off 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For 'Grey's Anatomy', Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing Duties
Latest TV News
- ‘Queer Eye’ Trailer: The Netflix Reboot Comes In With Style And Social Awareness
- Donald Trump Crashes GOP Site With “Fake News” Awards To NYT, ABC News, CNN, “Russia Collusion”
- Jane Fonda Talks TV’s Power, Tom Selleck Describes His Acting Approach At Brandon Tartikoff Awards — NATPE
- ‘One Mississippi’, ‘I Love Dick’ & ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ Canceled By Amazon
- MarVista Acquires Rights To Dystopian Novel ‘Sinless’ For TV Series
- Hector Elizondo & Holland Taylor To Star In Norman Lear & Peter Tolan's 'Guess Who Died' NBC Comedy Pilot