At the first taping of Season 2 of The X Factor today, new judge Britney Spears walked off the stage in the middle of the show, leaving Simon Cowell, LA Reid and Demi Lovato to dish out critics by themselves for awhile, TMZ reports. Rewind to the series premiere of X Factor last fall when Paula Abdul too walked off the stage in the middle of the taping. Coincidence? Both walkouts, an element normally designed to add drama to a show’s narrative, were triggered (or as it seemed) by an outlandish performance, a guy dropping off his trousers (Abdul) and a guy butchering one of Spears’ songs (Spears). For all the changes X Factor producers said they would make for Season 2, are they going by the same script with Spears cast in the role played by Abdul last season? Between the two new female judges, Spears is the older and better known, just was the case with Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger. For the newcomers’ sake, lets hope that a season that started the same as the last one won’t end the same, with a judging panel shakeup. As for the host position, also left vacant after Season 1, X Factor doesn’t have one (or two) in place yet and has been taping without an emcee today.
Did Britney Spears Take Page Out Of Paula Abdul's Playbook In Walking Off 'X Factor'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Blasts Donald Trump’s Claim FBI Spied On White House
- Stephen Colbert Looks At Leakin’ Donald Trump
- ‘Peppa Pig’ & TV Content Drive Entertainment One Results But Movie Revenues Slow
- ‘Dancing With The Stars: Athletes’ Edition Names Its Winner
- Gina Rodriguez And David Thewlis Join Pubescent Animated Comedy ‘Big Mouth’
- Inspiring Dave Annable Post Sheds Light On Agony Of Network Series Recastings