The Indomina Group has acquired US distribution rights to Leos Carax’s Cannes competition title, Holy Motors. The film enjoyed a robust reception when it premiered here last week to mark Carax’s first time in competition since 1999’s Pola X. Some are calling it a strong candidate for the Palme d’Or tonight. The experimental work chronicles a few hours in the life of Monsieur Oscar, a shadowy character chauffeured around Paris in a white limousine who takes on different roles for his various “appointments.” Longtime Carax collaborator Denis Lavant stars along with Eva Mendes, Kylie Minogue and Michel Piccoli. Indomina’s Rob Williams negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch’s Carole Baraton.
Indomina Rolls With 'Holy Motors' For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Benjamin Bratt Joins Bold Films’ ‘Shot Caller’ & Netflix’s ‘Special Correspondent’
- Brittany Ishibashi Kicks Up ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′; Jonathan Bailey Joins Donald Crowhurst Pic
- Music Box Acquires Pablo Larrain’s ‘The Club’ For North America
- ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’ To Be Rebooted By Fox
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Slightly Better In Actuals, But Memorial Day Frame Was Still A Downer – Tuesday B.O. Update
- ‘Point Break’ First Trailer: Johnny Utah Rides Again