The Indomina Group has acquired US distribution rights to Leos Carax’s Cannes competition title, Holy Motors. The film enjoyed a robust reception when it premiered here last week to mark Carax’s first time in competition since 1999’s Pola X. Some are calling it a strong candidate for the Palme d’Or tonight. The experimental work chronicles a few hours in the life of Monsieur Oscar, a shadowy character chauffeured around Paris in a white limousine who takes on different roles for his various “appointments.” Longtime Carax collaborator Denis Lavant stars along with Eva Mendes, Kylie Minogue and Michel Piccoli. Indomina’s Rob Williams negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch’s Carole Baraton.
Indomina Rolls With 'Holy Motors' For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- 20th Century Fox Brings The Opening Of ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ To Comic-Con
- ‘Jigsaw’ Trailer: “Live Or Die, The Choice Is Yours”
- F. Scott Frazier To Write Harlen Coben Adaptation ‘Tell No One’ For Universal
- ‘Proud Mary’ Trailer: Taraji P. Henson Dressed To Kill As Hitwoman
- Movie Tickets Hit Record High Average Of $8.95 In Q2