The Indomina Group has acquired US distribution rights to Leos Carax’s Cannes competition title, Holy Motors. The film enjoyed a robust reception when it premiered here last week to mark Carax’s first time in competition since 1999’s Pola X. Some are calling it a strong candidate for the Palme d’Or tonight. The experimental work chronicles a few hours in the life of Monsieur Oscar, a shadowy character chauffeured around Paris in a white limousine who takes on different roles for his various “appointments.” Longtime Carax collaborator Denis Lavant stars along with Eva Mendes, Kylie Minogue and Michel Piccoli. Indomina’s Rob Williams negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch’s Carole Baraton.
Indomina Rolls With 'Holy Motors' For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Ryan Reynolds Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Life’ To Close SXSW
- Film Independent & IFC Renew Independent Spirit Awards Telecast Through 2020
- Audiences Plan To Get Into ‘Get Out’ – Weekend B.O. Preview
- ‘My Entire High School Sinking Into The Sea' Trailer: Animated Disaster Comedy From Dash Shaw
- CAA Signs French Actor-Comedian Kev Adams
- Sean Spicer: Donald Trump Will Not be Watching Oscars For “Meryl Streep Moment” On Sunday