The Indomina Group has acquired US distribution rights to Leos Carax’s Cannes competition title, Holy Motors. The film enjoyed a robust reception when it premiered here last week to mark Carax’s first time in competition since 1999’s Pola X. Some are calling it a strong candidate for the Palme d’Or tonight. The experimental work chronicles a few hours in the life of Monsieur Oscar, a shadowy character chauffeured around Paris in a white limousine who takes on different roles for his various “appointments.” Longtime Carax collaborator Denis Lavant stars along with Eva Mendes, Kylie Minogue and Michel Piccoli. Indomina’s Rob Williams negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch’s Carole Baraton.
Indomina Rolls With 'Holy Motors' For U.S.
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Potential 'Rupert' Actors Shunning Plum Role Fearing Murdoch, Play Producer Says
- Ethan Hawke To Play Chet Baker In Trumpeter Biopic 'Born To Be Blue' – AFM
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment…
- Luc Besson's EuropaCorp Closes $450M Credit Facility, Triples Financing Ability
- Joshua Oppenheimer's 'The Look Of Silence' Documentary: Hot Trailer
- BAFTA Names Emma Baehr To New Director Of Awards Post