The Indomina Group has acquired US distribution rights to Leos Carax’s Cannes competition title, Holy Motors. The film enjoyed a robust reception when it premiered here last week to mark Carax’s first time in competition since 1999’s Pola X. Some are calling it a strong candidate for the Palme d’Or tonight. The experimental work chronicles a few hours in the life of Monsieur Oscar, a shadowy character chauffeured around Paris in a white limousine who takes on different roles for his various “appointments.” Longtime Carax collaborator Denis Lavant stars along with Eva Mendes, Kylie Minogue and Michel Piccoli. Indomina’s Rob Williams negotiated the deal with Wild Bunch’s Carole Baraton.
Indomina Rolls With 'Holy Motors' For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Latest Film News
- PGA Awards Winners List & Live Blog
- Deadline And Women In Film’s ‘The Road To 50/50’ Panel – Sundance Livestream
- Exclusive First Look At Hot Sundance Sales Title ‘Burden’
- Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
- ‘Project Cre8’: BET’s Nationwide Search For America’s Undiscovered Filmmaker Open For Submissions
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2018 – Day 1 – Paul Rudd, Jane Fonda, Gus Van Sant, Andrea Riseborough, Ted Danson…