Actor, comedian, raconteur and all around renaissance man Stephen Fry posted a tweet on his Twitter account earlier today teasing his followers with news that he and his once and future comedy partner Hugh Laurie are “cooking up a project together. We will be working again soon.” He apologized for having no other details, but said he would offer more when he can. Laurie is just coming off his epic run on Fox’s House, so it may surprise many people in the U.S. that Laurie is, in fact, British, and is still best known there for doing comedy, particularly with Fry. They starred together in the sketch comedy show A Bit of Fry & Laurie, which ran from 1989 to 1995 at various time on BBC1 and BBC2. The two men, along with Emma Thompson, met while all attended University of Cambridge. All three of them – and others from that generation of British actors – were part of the ensemble cast of Kenneth Branagh’s Peter’s Friends in 1992.
Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry Plot Reteaming, Fry Tweets
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner