Actor, comedian, raconteur and all around renaissance man Stephen Fry posted a tweet on his Twitter account earlier today teasing his followers with news that he and his once and future comedy partner Hugh Laurie are “cooking up a project together. We will be working again soon.” He apologized for having no other details, but said he would offer more when he can. Laurie is just coming off his epic run on Fox’s House, so it may surprise many people in the U.S. that Laurie is, in fact, British, and is still best known there for doing comedy, particularly with Fry. They starred together in the sketch comedy show A Bit of Fry & Laurie, which ran from 1989 to 1995 at various time on BBC1 and BBC2. The two men, along with Emma Thompson, met while all attended University of Cambridge. All three of them – and others from that generation of British actors – were part of the ensemble cast of Kenneth Branagh’s Peter’s Friends in 1992.
Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry Plot Reteaming, Fry Tweets
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards