Universal Pictures has just released a new trailer for The Bourne Legacy, the Tony Gilroy-directed spinoff film that stars Jeremy Renner as a Treadstone assassin, same as Matt Damon’s Jason Bourne in the Robert Ludlum novels. The surprise in this trailer is how much Jason Bourne there is in the trailer. You’ll recall that Damon wasn’t ready to make another installment of The Bourne Identity franchise when director Paul Greengrass said no. Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac also star while Albert Finney, Joan Allen, David Strathairn and Scott Glenn are back. Damon has left the door open to reprising Jason Bourne, and it looks here like they’ve allotted him ample room to do that while giving stage to the rising Renner. Frank Marshall produced with Captivate’s Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith. The film opens August 3.
Hot Trailer: 'The Bourne Legacy' With Jeremy Renner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest