Universal Pictures has just released a new trailer for The Bourne Legacy, the Tony Gilroy-directed spinoff film that stars Jeremy Renner as a Treadstone assassin, same as Matt Damon’s Jason Bourne in the Robert Ludlum novels. The surprise in this trailer is how much Jason Bourne there is in the trailer. You’ll recall that Damon wasn’t ready to make another installment of The Bourne Identity franchise when director Paul Greengrass said no. Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac also star while Albert Finney, Joan Allen, David Strathairn and Scott Glenn are back. Damon has left the door open to reprising Jason Bourne, and it looks here like they’ve allotted him ample room to do that while giving stage to the rising Renner. Frank Marshall produced with Captivate’s Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith. The film opens August 3.
Hot Trailer: 'The Bourne Legacy' With Jeremy Renner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald