The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More