The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio @ Tribeca Film Festival Day Three: Jason Sudeikis, Rebecca Hall, Dianna Agron And More
- Harvey Weinstein Talks ‘Hateful Eight’, Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca
- ‘Furious 7′ Leads Pack, ‘Mall Cop 2′ Bags $22M+, ‘Unfriended’ Logs In With $16.5M
- ‘Married’s Kimiko Glenn Joins ‘Nerve'; Kino Lorber Acquires ‘Gueros’
- Sony Attorney David Boies Warns Media After WikiLeaks Hacked E-Mail Rehash
- Deadline Studio @ Tribeca Film Festival Day Two: Olivia Wilde, Dakota Fanning, Theo James And More