The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
John Skipper Resigns As ESPN President; Admits Substance Abuse Problem; George Bodenheimer New Acting Chairman
Latest Film News
- ‘LA 92’ Directors Dan Lindsay & TJ Martin Take Archival Route To Oscar Doc Shortlist
- Oscars’ VFX Shortlist: ‘The Last Jedi’, ‘Shape Of Water’, ‘Valerian’ & More
- Oscar-Shortlisted Director Jeff Orlowski On ‘Chasing Coral’ & Threat Posed By Coral Reef Destruction
- Casting Society Issues Open Call To Performers With Disabilities
- The Bart & Fleming Podcast: Codes Of Conduct
- MoMA’s 17th Doc Fortnight Sets Opening And Closing, Jonathan Demme Tribute