The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
Latest Film News
- Relativity Bankruptcy: Ryan Kavanaugh Says He Has A Plan To Keep Control Of Everything But TV
- ‘The Martian’ Tops $100M Worldwide In Opening, $55M Abroad – Int’l Box Office
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office