The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date
- Discovery Spikes 'Sons Of Guns' After “Serious And Horrific” New Charges Against Star