The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Dear Basketball' Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built "Piece By Piece" And Life After Basketball — Tribeca Studio
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest Film News
- Taissa Farmiga Set For New Line’s ‘The Nun’; Spinoff of Sister Vera’s ‘The Conjuring’
- An Oscar Winner & A 72-Year-Old Neurologist-Turned-Filmmaker Combine For Festival’s Most Unique Movie – Tribeca
- Deadline Studio At Tribeca 2017 – Day 4 – Chris Messina, Zosia Mamet, Ed Helms, Debra Winger & More
- ‘One Percent More Humid’: Juno Temple & Julia Garner’s Grief-Stricken Teens Find Summer Solace In New England…
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…
- Pinewood Group’s Ivan Dunleavy Exiting Chief Executive Role