The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
Latest Film News
- In Hollywood, Few Female Stunt Performers Are Allowed To Drive
- Ashley Hamilton To Helm ‘Gothic Harvest’; UTA Inks Jason Kohn; Comedy Dynamics Nabs Two Titles…
- Tig Notaro To Host Artios Awards; Nicole Kidman To Present Award To Kevin Huvane
- ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Director Noah Baumbach On His Personally Rooted Penchant For New York Stories
- John Lasseter’s Leave Of Absence At Disney/Pixar Comes As Women Detail Unwanted Behavior
- Canadian Actors Union Branch President Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Four Times