The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- ‘Phantom Thread’ Composer Jonny Greenwood On Writing Music Reynolds Woodcock Would Appreciate
- Diane Warren & Melissa Leo Among L.A. Italia Festival Honorees
- The Black List & Women In Film Set Writers, Mentors For Inaugural Feature Lab
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz
- Oscars: A Look At The Nominees For Best Animated Feature Film
- Vanessa Hudgens, Katheryn Winnick & Matt Lucas Join Mads Mikkelsen In The Action-Thriller ‘Polar’