The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Bill Maher Joins Celebs Prepping For Monday - UPDATE
Latest Film News
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb From Listing Actors' Ages
- Bill Nunn Dies: ‘Do The Right Thing’ And ‘Spider-Man’ Trilogy Actor Was 62
- Antoine Fuqua On ‘Magnificent Seven,’ ‘Scarface’ And How One Black Director Made The A-List
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Roping $35.3M Opening; Stick A Fork In ‘Storks’ – Saturday AM B.O. Update
- Hot Spec Script ‘American Rebel’ Acquired By Amy Pascal
- Julia Roberts To Star In Feature Film About PTA Mom Framed For Drug Possession