The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest Film News
- Bill Paxton Dies: ‘Twister’, ‘Big Love’ Actor Was 61
- Universal/Blumhouse’s ‘Get Out’ Now Grabbing A $30M+ Opening: Sunday Update
- Spirit Awards: Casey Affleck Slams “Abhorrent” and “Un-American” Trump Policies – Watch
- Indie Spirit Awards: ‘Moonlight’ Sweeps Day, Takes Best Feature – Full Winners List
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Academy Rescinds Sound Mixing Nomination for Greg P. Russell of ‘13 Hours’