The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)