The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Adds Ezra Miller’s The Flash To Mix
- Chris Evans Circling Lead Role In Lionsgate’s ‘Jekyll’
- Eddie Murphy’s ‘Mr. Church’ Gets Fall Release Date
- Paul Greengrass On Setting Up Jason Bourne For More Sequels, Jimi Hendrix
- Bond/360 Nabs Docu ‘God Knows Where I Am’; XLrator Lands Slasher Pic ‘The Windmill’
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year