The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role – Tribeca…