The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…