The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Heart Disease Expert In Sundance Docu ‘The Game Changers’ Begs To Differ With White House Doctor Over Donald Trump’s…
- Allison Shearmur Dies: Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer Was 54
- Makeready Wins Auction For James Frey Novel ‘Katerina’ As Simon & Schuster Imprint Scout Press Wins Pub Rights
- Weinstein Company Pulls ‘War With Grandpa’, ‘The Upside’ & ‘Mary Magdalene’ Off Release…
- Dorothy Malone Dies: Oscar Winner, ‘Peyton Place’ Star Was 92
- VR Has Its Pixar Moment With Adaptation Of Neil Gaiman’s ‘Wolves In The Walls’ As Part Of Sundance Slate