The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars’ An Art House Movie? Some French Exhibs Think So, Stoking Indie Producers’ Ire
- Deadline’s The Contenders: Cary Fukunaga & Abraham Attah On The Challenges Of ‘Beasts Of No Nation’
- ‘The Little Prince’ Trailer: New Spin On Classic Tale With Big Names
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Dressed For 'The Danish Girl'; Amy Berg Bows 'Janis: Little Girl Blue': Specialty Preview
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Docu ‘Hurt Business’; ‘Kickboxer’ Remake Sequel A Go