The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
'Young & Hungry' Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other Details Revealed
Latest Film News
- ‘X-Men’ & ‘Alice’ To Boost Memorial Day Weekend After Last Year’s Holiday Apocalypse
- ‘Central Intelligence’ Gets Fest Bow Ahead Of Release; Screamfest 2016 Dates Set
- Versa Media Capital Raises $100M To Bridge Finance Indie TV & Film Projects
- Palm Springs Film Festival Sets 2017 Dates; Gravitas Acquires ‘Cardinal Matter’
- Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Celebrity Computers
- ‘Collide’ Trailer: Felicity Jones & Nicholas Hoult Rev Engines For August Bow