The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Latest Film News
- Pinewood Atlanta, Georgia Film Academy To Host Sundance Event For Indie Talent
- Content Media Boards Sundance Doc ‘Cries From Syria’
- ‘La La Land’ & ‘Hidden Figures’ Among Artios Award Winners
- Jim G In Play: Legendary, Sony, Time Warner?
- Al Gore Stays Mute On Donald Trump At ‘Inconvenient Sequel’ Sundance Screening
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Weekend Premiere And Press Junket Cancelled Amid Video Controversy