This year’s Sundance dramatic Grand Prize winner is the story of a 6-year-old girl named Hushpuppy. Fox Searchlight acquired the movie directed by first-timer Benh Zeitlin and written by Zeitlin and Lucy Alibar. Starring Quvenzhané Wallis, Dwight Henry, Beasts Of The Southern Wild opens June 27th.
Hot Trailer: 'Beasts Of The Southern Wild'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”