This year’s Sundance dramatic Grand Prize winner is the story of a 6-year-old girl named Hushpuppy. Fox Searchlight acquired the movie directed by first-timer Benh Zeitlin and written by Zeitlin and Lucy Alibar. Starring Quvenzhané Wallis, Dwight Henry, Beasts Of The Southern Wild opens June 27th.
Hot Trailer: 'Beasts Of The Southern Wild'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest Film News
- Spirit Awards: Casey Affleck Slams “Abhorrent” and “Un-American” Trump Policies – Watch
- Indie Spirit Awards: ‘Moonlight’ Sweeps Day, Takes Best Feature – Full Winners List
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Academy Rescinds Sound Mixing Nomination for Greg P. Russell of ‘13 Hours’
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Syrian Cinematographer For ‘The White Helmets’ Denied Entry Into U.S. To Attend Oscars