The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is traveling to the land of the rising sun. Warner Bros and Universal Parks & Resorts are partnering to expand the Hogwarts experience to Universal Studios Japan. Execs involved in the planning pledge Osaka attraction will be just as magical as the one at Universal Orlando Resort. Warner Bros also recently opened the Warner Bros Studio Tour London – The Making Of Harry Potter. As in Orlando, Universal predicted the Osaka attraction would bring significant increases in tourism, jobs and economic benefit to Japan. The new attraction will be similar to the one in Florida and will include Hogwarts castle, Hogsmeade and multiple themed attractions, according to Universal Parks. Stuart Craig, production designer for all the Potter movies, will be closely involved with planning and building the Osaka park, which is expected to open in late 2014.
Harry Potter Attraction Headed To Japan
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest Film News
- Cannes: Will Smith, Fan Bingbing, Paolo Sorrentino Join Festival Jury
- ‘Transformers’ Tom DeSanto, China’s CITIC Guoan Pact On Co-Productions
- Sundance London Announces Lineup; ‘A Ghost Story’ Set To Close Event
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Dustin Hoffman Grills Noah Baumbach (And Gets Grilled Too): Tribeca Film Festival
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2