The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is traveling to the land of the rising sun. Warner Bros and Universal Parks & Resorts are partnering to expand the Hogwarts experience to Universal Studios Japan. Execs involved in the planning pledge Osaka attraction will be just as magical as the one at Universal Orlando Resort. Warner Bros also recently opened the Warner Bros Studio Tour London – The Making Of Harry Potter. As in Orlando, Universal predicted the Osaka attraction would bring significant increases in tourism, jobs and economic benefit to Japan. The new attraction will be similar to the one in Florida and will include Hogwarts castle, Hogsmeade and multiple themed attractions, according to Universal Parks. Stuart Craig, production designer for all the Potter movies, will be closely involved with planning and building the Osaka park, which is expected to open in late 2014.
Harry Potter Attraction Headed To Japan
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way