The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is traveling to the land of the rising sun. Warner Bros and Universal Parks & Resorts are partnering to expand the Hogwarts experience to Universal Studios Japan. Execs involved in the planning pledge Osaka attraction will be just as magical as the one at Universal Orlando Resort. Warner Bros also recently opened the Warner Bros Studio Tour London – The Making Of Harry Potter. As in Orlando, Universal predicted the Osaka attraction would bring significant increases in tourism, jobs and economic benefit to Japan. The new attraction will be similar to the one in Florida and will include Hogwarts castle, Hogsmeade and multiple themed attractions, according to Universal Parks. Stuart Craig, production designer for all the Potter movies, will be closely involved with planning and building the Osaka park, which is expected to open in late 2014.
Harry Potter Attraction Headed To Japan
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'