ABC News has finalized its lineup for the nine-week run of Good Afternoon America, the one-hour extension of Good Morning America that will run nine weeks beginning July 9. Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer will co-anchor the show, which Deadline first told you about back in April. It will act as a bridge between the end of the run of the freshman daytime series The Revolution (it was cancelled) and the start of the syndicated Katie Couric talk show Katie on September 10. For the GMA extension, the network said Sam Champion, Robin Roberts, and George Stephanopoulos will join in with special appearances on a show expected to be generally broader and lighter than the regular GMA; it “will feature the most-talked about celebrities, performances by the biggest names in the music industry, the latest pop culture news plus” among other things, ABC said.
ABC Names Josh Elliott And Lara Spencer To Host 'Good Afternoon America' Run
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'