ABC News has finalized its lineup for the nine-week run of Good Afternoon America, the one-hour extension of Good Morning America that will run nine weeks beginning July 9. Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer will co-anchor the show, which Deadline first told you about back in April. It will act as a bridge between the end of the run of the freshman daytime series The Revolution (it was cancelled) and the start of the syndicated Katie Couric talk show Katie on September 10. For the GMA extension, the network said Sam Champion, Robin Roberts, and George Stephanopoulos will join in with special appearances on a show expected to be generally broader and lighter than the regular GMA; it “will feature the most-talked about celebrities, performances by the biggest names in the music industry, the latest pop culture news plus” among other things, ABC said.
ABC Names Josh Elliott And Lara Spencer To Host 'Good Afternoon America' Run
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Writer Says Jeffrey Tambor Accusers Told “Their Truth” & Series Should Not “Be Taken Down”…
- ‘Doctor Who’ Sneak Peek: Peter Capaldi Makes Final Appearance In Special
- FX To Develop ‘Highway 59’ Crime Drama Series Based On Attica Locke’s Book ‘Bluebird, Bluebird’
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix