ABC News has finalized its lineup for the nine-week run of Good Afternoon America, the one-hour extension of Good Morning America that will run nine weeks beginning July 9. Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer will co-anchor the show, which Deadline first told you about back in April. It will act as a bridge between the end of the run of the freshman daytime series The Revolution (it was cancelled) and the start of the syndicated Katie Couric talk show Katie on September 10. For the GMA extension, the network said Sam Champion, Robin Roberts, and George Stephanopoulos will join in with special appearances on a show expected to be generally broader and lighter than the regular GMA; it “will feature the most-talked about celebrities, performances by the biggest names in the music industry, the latest pop culture news plus” among other things, ABC said.
ABC Names Josh Elliott And Lara Spencer To Host 'Good Afternoon America' Run
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'
- Channing Tatum, Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Launch 'Team Oscar'
- Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Accuser Indicted For Fraud
- FilmBuff To Bow Matthew Gray Gubler & Kat Dennings Starrer 'Suburban Gothic'
- Shonda Rhimes To Receive WGA West's 2015 Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award For TV
- Justin Timberlake Visits 'Tonight Show', Ratings Hit 9-Month High - Video