ABC News has finalized its lineup for the nine-week run of Good Afternoon America, the one-hour extension of Good Morning America that will run nine weeks beginning July 9. Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer will co-anchor the show, which Deadline first told you about back in April. It will act as a bridge between the end of the run of the freshman daytime series The Revolution (it was cancelled) and the start of the syndicated Katie Couric talk show Katie on September 10. For the GMA extension, the network said Sam Champion, Robin Roberts, and George Stephanopoulos will join in with special appearances on a show expected to be generally broader and lighter than the regular GMA; it “will feature the most-talked about celebrities, performances by the biggest names in the music industry, the latest pop culture news plus” among other things, ABC said.
ABC Names Josh Elliott And Lara Spencer To Host 'Good Afternoon America' Run
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Latest TV News
- No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, ‘Wayward Pines’ Finale Down From 2015
- Dwayne Johnson Comedy ‘Ballers’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO
- ‘Snowfall’: John Singleton FX Pilot Adds Four To Cast
- MTV Classic Launch: Details About VH1 Classic’s Rebranding & New Lineup
- VH1 & Ice Cube Partner On Hip Hop Version Of ‘Hollywood Squares’
- Stephen Colbert Enlists John Oliver’s Help In ‘Fight Song’ Parody