ABC News has finalized its lineup for the nine-week run of Good Afternoon America, the one-hour extension of Good Morning America that will run nine weeks beginning July 9. Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer will co-anchor the show, which Deadline first told you about back in April. It will act as a bridge between the end of the run of the freshman daytime series The Revolution (it was cancelled) and the start of the syndicated Katie Couric talk show Katie on September 10. For the GMA extension, the network said Sam Champion, Robin Roberts, and George Stephanopoulos will join in with special appearances on a show expected to be generally broader and lighter than the regular GMA; it “will feature the most-talked about celebrities, performances by the biggest names in the music industry, the latest pop culture news plus” among other things, ABC said.
ABC Names Josh Elliott And Lara Spencer To Host 'Good Afternoon America' Run
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Ashley Judd Joins Reboot
- As Disney Junior Turns 5, Nancy Kanter Talks Boys Vs. Girls, Disney Synergies, Multi-Platform Challenges, Kids TV Future
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place – Berlin
- ‘Vinyl’s Terence Winter Talks Mick Jagger, Season 2 Plans, Olivia Wilde & Scorsese
- Colin Woodell Joins John Ridley’s ABC Pilot ‘Presence’
- Democratic Debates Rebound On PBS/CNN Simulcast, Scoring 8.03M Viewers