What used to be a one-show race has suddenly become a see-saw battle — at least for the time being. ABC’s Good Morning America beat rival NBC morning show Today in total viewers last week, drawing 5.311 million to Today‘s 5.131 million. That’s the second wins in three weeks since the ABC News program ended Today‘s 852-week winning streak in the metric that began in December 1995. For the week of April 23, GMA added to its margin of victory (by 180,000 total viewers) from two weeks ago, and came as close as it has in 16 years in the adults 25-54 demographic (Today won that 2.233 million to 2.129 million). The Tuesday show marked GMA’s first single-day win in the 25-54 demo since July 2008.
'GMA' Beats 'Today' Again In Total Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- South Korean Cultural Minister Arrested Over Artists Blacklist
- Jimmy Kimmel Vows To Mine Donald Trump Presidency For Laughs
- More Than 200 Arrested But Protests Don’t Trump Inaugural Festivities
- Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin’s Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
- Bill Maher Calls Trump Inaugural Address “Joyless And Ugly And Dividing”
- Did Twitter Force Obama Supporters To Follow New Trump @POTUS Account?