What used to be a one-show race has suddenly become a see-saw battle — at least for the time being. ABC’s Good Morning America beat rival NBC morning show Today in total viewers last week, drawing 5.311 million to Today‘s 5.131 million. That’s the second wins in three weeks since the ABC News program ended Today‘s 852-week winning streak in the metric that began in December 1995. For the week of April 23, GMA added to its margin of victory (by 180,000 total viewers) from two weeks ago, and came as close as it has in 16 years in the adults 25-54 demographic (Today won that 2.233 million to 2.129 million). The Tuesday show marked GMA’s first single-day win in the 25-54 demo since July 2008.
'GMA' Beats 'Today' Again In Total Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Showrunner On Tonight’s Death Of Carl, Lauren Cohan’s Future + More ‘Fear…
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago