UPDATE: Insiders now tell Deadline that Thursday’s fundraiser at George Clooney’s Studio City home now has reached close to $15 million. The breakdown when the total was at $14.5M equaled $6M raised for the dinner and $8.5M for the accompanying online raffle which attracted general public donations for a chance to attend by leveraging Hollywood star power. In actuality, the fundraising dinner co-hosted by Obama bundler Jeffrey Katzenberg and organized by his political right-hand Andy Spahn is attracting an expected 150 Democrats ticket-price guests who come from a number of industries in Los Angeles besides showbiz including finance, law and healthcare. They spent $40,000 per ticket for the Wolfgang Puck-catered dinner at Clooney’s canyon home. It’s the largest amount ever raised for a single Obama campaign event. And that exceeds the sum that the Obama campaign raised from the entire entertainment industry in the 2008 presidential race when Hollywood types were slow to embrace Obama as their candidate over Hillary Clinton. Meanwhile news reports are branding the fundraiser ‘Starmeggedon’ because of the traffic mess it’s expected to cause in the surrounding areas.
George Clooney's Obama Fundraiser Now Up To Record $15M: 'Starmeggedon'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M To $20M; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid-Teens
Keira Knightley-Starrer 'Colette' In First Big Sundance Deal: Bleecker Street & 30WEST Team For U.S. Rights
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji’ At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; ‘Maze Runner: Death Cure’ Debuts – International…
- 'Darkest Hour' Tops $41M, 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $30M, 'Call Me By Your Name' Expands – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Arizona’ Stars Danny McBride & Kaitlin Olson On Their Penchant For Portraying Extreme Characters…
- ‘The Sun Ladies’ Filmmakers On Telling The Story Of “Empowered Women” Through A VR Lens…
- ‘Come Sunday’ Sundance Clip: Chiwetel Ejiofor Preaches To The Angry Choir
- Charlize Theron, Jason Reitman & Diablo Cody Reteam ‘Tully’ Is Sundance Secret Screening