UPDATE: Insiders now tell Deadline that Thursday’s fundraiser at George Clooney’s Studio City home now has reached close to $15 million. The breakdown when the total was at $14.5M equaled $6M raised for the dinner and $8.5M for the accompanying online raffle which attracted general public donations for a chance to attend by leveraging Hollywood star power. In actuality, the fundraising dinner co-hosted by Obama bundler Jeffrey Katzenberg and organized by his political right-hand Andy Spahn is attracting an expected 150 Democrats ticket-price guests who come from a number of industries in Los Angeles besides showbiz including finance, law and healthcare. They spent $40,000 per ticket for the Wolfgang Puck-catered dinner at Clooney’s canyon home. It’s the largest amount ever raised for a single Obama campaign event. And that exceeds the sum that the Obama campaign raised from the entire entertainment industry in the 2008 presidential race when Hollywood types were slow to embrace Obama as their candidate over Hillary Clinton. Meanwhile news reports are branding the fundraiser ‘Starmeggedon’ because of the traffic mess it’s expected to cause in the surrounding areas.
George Clooney's Obama Fundraiser Now Up To Record $15M: 'Starmeggedon'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Rob Reiner, Woody Harrelson & Lawrence O’Donnell Talk ‘LBJ’ In The Trump Era
- Deadline’s The Contenders At Capacity; Long Waiting List For Award Season Kickoff Event
- VidAngel Files For Chapter 11 After Losing Legal Fight With Hollywood Studios
- ‘I Love You, Daddy’ Trailer: Louis C.K. Dark Comedy About Worried Dad Whose Teen Daughter Dates…
- ‘Where’s The Money’ Red Band Trailer: King Bach’s Gentrified Frat Comedy Gets Crazy And R-rated
- ‘Only The Brave’: The Incredible Story Of Heroism And The Serendipity That Propelled The Film About The Granite…