EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18