EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC