EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- ‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Showrunners Talk How ‘Infinity War’ Might Affect The ABC Marvel Series…
- John Cena, Millie Bobby Brown Salute ‘March For Our Lives’ At Kids’ Choice Awards
- FX Pulls the Plug On Marvel's Deadpool Animated TV Series From Donald Glover
- ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Showrunners & Cast On Season 4: “A Journey From Isolation To Community”…
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Family Mourns Death Of DuShon Monique Brown – Reactions
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Debuts Remake At Wondercon With Leading Women And Intergalactic Family Dysfunction