EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Jon Stewart Takes On Trump’s Charlottesville Response At Dave Chappelle Show
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Limited Series Or Movie
- Hollywood Reacts Fast To Steve Bannon Axing: Rosie O’Donnell Suggests Place For Tiki Torch
- EOne Ups Carolyn Newman To SVP Scripted Programming, Acquires ‘A Gentleman In Moscow’ Book Rights For TV
- Foul Play Alleged In New York SAG-AFTRA Board Race
- Steve Bannon To Exit As Donald Trump’s Chief Strategist