EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Reality TV Cooking Competition Series Vomitous For Jacques Pepin And Alice Waters – TCA
- ‘The Great British Baking Show’ Returning To PBS
- Steelers Win As NBC Scores Best NFL Wild Card Or Divisional Game Primetime Ratings Ever
- ‘Humans’ Creators Ink Overall Deal With AMC
- Fox News Brings Bob Beckel Back To ‘The Five’ Fold
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…