EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Canal Plus Books Appointment With Joann Sfar’s ‘Monsters’ Shrink’ Vampire Series
- June Foray Dies: Voice Of Rocky From ‘The Bullwinkle Show’ Was 99
- Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On ‘The Daily Show’
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- Jimmy Fallon Invites Transgender Comedian To Ding Donald Trump’s Military Ban On ‘Tonight Show’
- HBO Boss On Jon Stewart’s Scrapped Animated Series & Possible Late-Night Return