EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'
- President Obama To Make Final ‘The Daily Show’ Appearance As President Next Week
- CAA Exploring TV Scripted Operation With Former ABC Boss Paul Lee
- Big Beach Taps Robin Schwartz To Head TV Division