EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins