EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Four Broward Officers Took Cover Outside Florida School As Gunman Killed 17 – Report
- Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donations To End Gun Violence…
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz; Spokesperson Responds…
- ‘The Expanse’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date; Unveils Trailer
- Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
- Todd Holland To Direct ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Steps’