Gabriel Byrne has been cast as Earl Haraldson in History channel’s first scripted series, Vikings, which premieres in 2013. Byrne will play a powerful figure in the historical telling of the Norsemen who raided and explored during Medieval times. He goes against the story’s protagonist, Ragnar Lothrok. Vikings is a 10-episode drama from MGM TV and The Tudors and Camelot masterminds Michael Hirst and Morgan O’Sullivan. Other executive producers on the series include John Weber of Take 5 Productions, Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, James Flynn and Sheila Hockin. As with Hirst and O’Sullivan’s other productions, it’s an Irish/Canadian co-production. History has U.S. rights; MGM TV has most international rights.
Gabriel Byrne Cast In History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Latest TV News
- ‘The Killing Of JonBenét: The Truth Uncovered’ Documentary Set At A&E
- Paramount TV, Anonymous Content Acquire 9-Year-Old Reporter’s Book Series
- VH1 Taps Ad Industry Veteran Kevin Jordan As Creative Director
- Comedy Central Buys Brothers Comedy Starring Zack Pearlman & Julian Sergi
- ‘Better Things’ Review: Pamela Adlon’s FX Series Will Be One Of Best Things On TV
- CBS Buys Michael Rauch Legal Drama Produced By Jennifer Lopez