Gabriel Byrne has been cast as Earl Haraldson in History channel’s first scripted series, Vikings, which premieres in 2013. Byrne will play a powerful figure in the historical telling of the Norsemen who raided and explored during Medieval times. He goes against the story’s protagonist, Ragnar Lothrok. Vikings is a 10-episode drama from MGM TV and The Tudors and Camelot masterminds Michael Hirst and Morgan O’Sullivan. Other executive producers on the series include John Weber of Take 5 Productions, Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, James Flynn and Sheila Hockin. As with Hirst and O’Sullivan’s other productions, it’s an Irish/Canadian co-production. History has U.S. rights; MGM TV has most international rights.
Gabriel Byrne Cast In History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Little Lies’: Laura Dern Posts First Look At Season 2 Of HBO Drama
- John Oliver’s Mike Pence-Trolling Bunny Book Steals Amazon Top Spot From James Comey
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Donald Trump For Rookie Mistake In Andrew McCabe Firing
- WGA Not Alone in Challenging TV Packaging Deals; 9th Circuit To Rule In Legal Case
- ‘The Code’: Mira Sorvino To Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- Mike O’Gorman Joins Fox’s Erin Foster Comedy Pilot; CW’s ‘Playing Dead’ Casts Curran Walters