Gabriel Byrne has been cast as Earl Haraldson in History channel’s first scripted series, Vikings, which premieres in 2013. Byrne will play a powerful figure in the historical telling of the Norsemen who raided and explored during Medieval times. He goes against the story’s protagonist, Ragnar Lothrok. Vikings is a 10-episode drama from MGM TV and The Tudors and Camelot masterminds Michael Hirst and Morgan O’Sullivan. Other executive producers on the series include John Weber of Take 5 Productions, Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, James Flynn and Sheila Hockin. As with Hirst and O’Sullivan’s other productions, it’s an Irish/Canadian co-production. History has U.S. rights; MGM TV has most international rights.
Gabriel Byrne Cast In History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Daisy Ridley & Naomi Watts In Final Talks To Star In 'Ophelia'; Covert Media Aboard New Take On 'Hamlet' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Seth MacFarlane To Create & Star In Fox Sci-Fi Dramedy Series For 2017-18 Season
- TV Producer Ian Sander Dies At 68
- Laverne Cox Joins ‘Megyn Kelly Presents’
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Close Out Season With Drake & Fred Armisen As Hosts
- Donald Trump Declares Open Season On Hillary Clinton As John Kasich Quits Race – Update
- OWN Co-President Sheri Salata Exits, Erik Logan Becomes Sole President