Gabriel Byrne has been cast as Earl Haraldson in History channel’s first scripted series, Vikings, which premieres in 2013. Byrne will play a powerful figure in the historical telling of the Norsemen who raided and explored during Medieval times. He goes against the story’s protagonist, Ragnar Lothrok. Vikings is a 10-episode drama from MGM TV and The Tudors and Camelot masterminds Michael Hirst and Morgan O’Sullivan. Other executive producers on the series include John Weber of Take 5 Productions, Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, James Flynn and Sheila Hockin. As with Hirst and O’Sullivan’s other productions, it’s an Irish/Canadian co-production. History has U.S. rights; MGM TV has most international rights.
Gabriel Byrne Cast In History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Richard Schiff Joins Showtime’s The Affair'; Stephanie Erb In ‘Ray Donovan’
- ‘Orange’ Jailbird Danielle Brooks Heads To Broadway’s ‘Color Purple’
- FX Orders Toon Pilot ‘Cassius & Clay’ From Megan Ganz & Adam Reed
- New ABC Drama ‘Oil’ Recasts At Least One Role – Update
- ‘Lewis And Clark’ Miniseries Adds Four To Cast
- ‘Ink Master’ Renewed For Season 7 By Spike TV; Spinoff Set