Gabriel Byrne has been cast as Earl Haraldson in History channel’s first scripted series, Vikings, which premieres in 2013. Byrne will play a powerful figure in the historical telling of the Norsemen who raided and explored during Medieval times. He goes against the story’s protagonist, Ragnar Lothrok. Vikings is a 10-episode drama from MGM TV and The Tudors and Camelot masterminds Michael Hirst and Morgan O’Sullivan. Other executive producers on the series include John Weber of Take 5 Productions, Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, James Flynn and Sheila Hockin. As with Hirst and O’Sullivan’s other productions, it’s an Irish/Canadian co-production. History has U.S. rights; MGM TV has most international rights.
Gabriel Byrne Cast In History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- YouTube Orders ‘High & Tight’ Comedy Pilot Starring Sung Kang & Danny Pudi
- Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Retrial Sent To Jury
- Hank Azaria Says He’s OK Scrapping ‘The Simpsons’ Apu; Critics Tweet Thanks
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Lauren Cohan To Return For Season 9
- NBCU Chief Steve Burke On NBC And Universal Pictures: “We Have The Cards”
- Hulu Developing ‘Less Than Zero’ Drama From Craig Wright Based On Bret Easton Ellis Novel