Amidst its slew of new series pickups, I’ve learned that Fox also has renewed midseason drama Touch for a second season. The news comes on the heels of a ratings rebound for Tim Kring’s series starring Kiefer Sutherland following a post-premiere slide. 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment are producing. The jury is still out on fellow freshman drama series The Finder, which had shown some signs of life on Friday, but its chances don’t look good. UPDATE: The Finder is indeed now a goner. Alcatraz is out of the picture, especially after Fox renewed J.J. Abrams’ other bubble drama series, Fringe. It has been a great afternoon for Chernin Entertainment, whose Fox comedy pilot Ben & Kate (formerly Ben Fox Is My Manny) received a series pickup an hour and a half ago. Joining The Finder and Alcatraz on the cancellation pile are comedies Breaking In and I Hate My Teenage Daughter.
Fox's 'Touch' Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘24: Legacy’ Adds Raphael Acloque & Themo Melikidze
- ‘Serial’ Suspect Adnan Syed Requests Release While Awaiting New Trial
- Fox Buys Legal Dramedy From Carter Covington, Robin Schiff & Jason Winer
- Lady Gaga ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Hits ‘Late Late Show With James Corden’ This Week
- CBS Buys Spy Drama ‘Sentinels’ From Trio Of ‘Scorpion’ Producers
- WGA West’s TV Writer Access Project Opens Submissions For 2016-17