Amidst its slew of new series pickups, I’ve learned that Fox also has renewed midseason drama Touch for a second season. The news comes on the heels of a ratings rebound for Tim Kring’s series starring Kiefer Sutherland following a post-premiere slide. 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment are producing. The jury is still out on fellow freshman drama series The Finder, which had shown some signs of life on Friday, but its chances don’t look good. UPDATE: The Finder is indeed now a goner. Alcatraz is out of the picture, especially after Fox renewed J.J. Abrams’ other bubble drama series, Fringe. It has been a great afternoon for Chernin Entertainment, whose Fox comedy pilot Ben & Kate (formerly Ben Fox Is My Manny) received a series pickup an hour and a half ago. Joining The Finder and Alcatraz on the cancellation pile are comedies Breaking In and I Hate My Teenage Daughter.
Fox's 'Touch' Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'
- Fall 2014 Preview: Cloudy Ratings Forecast & Where The Networks Stand
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project
- HBO Developing 'The Commissar's Report' Russian Spy Series From Martyn Burke