EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox is making a deal to acquire Playdate, a pitch that Tim Hill and Dave Johnson will write, as a directing vehicle for Hill, who directe Hop and Alvin and the Chipmunks. The plot of the family film is being kept under wraps, but the title is somewhat self explanatory. The film will be produced by Nicky Weinstock through his Fox-based Invention Films. Hill’s repped by Gersh and Principato-Young, and Johnson by Principato-Young.
Fox Makes 'Playdate' With 'Hop' Helmer Tim Hill
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji’: How Director Jake Kasdan & Producer Matt Tolmach Are Changing The Game Of The Classic Book…
- Universal Sets Doctor Dolittle Film With Robert Downey Jr. For 2019
- Sony CinemaCon Presentation: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dark Tower’, ‘Emoji Movie’ & More…
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place’…
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’