Is Chris White now a producer without a network? CNN isn’t hiring him and Fox News isn’t talking, a day after a scathing Fox & Friends video segment on President Obama ran that White, an associate producer at the network, put together. A source told Deadline that CNN, who had already been talking to the producer, contacted White after the video aired and offered to double his Fox News salary. CNN would not confirm whether or not they had offered White a job, and today a network spokesperson said it isn’t hiring him. Fox News was quick to distance itself for the widely criticized video, despite Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy’s on-air “hats off to Chris White” for producing the heavily annotated segment (see the video below). The network released a statement saying the segment “was not authorized at the senior executive level of the network” and “this has been addressed with the show’s producers.” It is unknown whether White is actually still working at FNC. A Fox News spokesperson did not return Deadline’s requests for comment.
Is Fox News Producer Who Made Scathing Obama Video Out Of A Job?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Patten
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'America's Got Talent' Steady, 'Bachelor In Paradise' Even, CW's Maroon 5 Special Soft
- TNT's 'The Last Ship' Finale Steady; 'Falling Skies' Penultimate Episode Tumbles From Last Year
- Netflix Slams “Disrupting” Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger To FCC
- Deadline's TV Team Live-Blogs The Emmys
- UPDATE: 'Doctor Who' Hits U.S. High With Season 8 Debut; BBC America Scores Top-Rated Saturday Ever