EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: Screen Gems Executive Director of Development John Graham is moving to Insurge Pictures. At Paramount’s low-budget genre label, he’ll be working for Amy Powell as a member of the production group there. Graham has been at Screen Gems since 2005. He began as an assistant in the development/production department and then was promoted to creative executive reporting to Screen Gems topper Clint Culpepper. That move marked the first time Screen Gems had created a creative exec position since Culpepper took the reins of the Sony Pictures genre label in 1998. The label has been having incredible success recently with a row of #1 films. Graham worked on all of the studio’s projects in development. Before joining Screen Gems in 2005, he worked in the film development division for MGM Studios. Insurge Pictures was born out of Paramount production boss Adam Goodman’s initiative overseen by Powell to find talent from the Internet following the studio’s success with Paranormal Activity.
Film Exec John Graham Leaving Screen Gems For Paramount's Insurge Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First