EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: Screen Gems Executive Director of Development John Graham is moving to Insurge Pictures. At Paramount’s low-budget genre label, he’ll be working for Amy Powell as a member of the production group there. Graham has been at Screen Gems since 2005. He began as an assistant in the development/production department and then was promoted to creative executive reporting to Screen Gems topper Clint Culpepper. That move marked the first time Screen Gems had created a creative exec position since Culpepper took the reins of the Sony Pictures genre label in 1998. The label has been having incredible success recently with a row of #1 films. Graham worked on all of the studio’s projects in development. Before joining Screen Gems in 2005, he worked in the film development division for MGM Studios. Insurge Pictures was born out of Paramount production boss Adam Goodman’s initiative overseen by Powell to find talent from the Internet following the studio’s success with Paranormal Activity.
Film Exec John Graham Leaving Screen Gems For Paramount's Insurge Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Damien Chazelle’s ‘La La Land’, An Ode To Musicals, Romance & L.A., Ready To Launch Venice And…
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’