EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: Screen Gems Executive Director of Development John Graham is moving to Insurge Pictures. At Paramount’s low-budget genre label, he’ll be working for Amy Powell as a member of the production group there. Graham has been at Screen Gems since 2005. He began as an assistant in the development/production department and then was promoted to creative executive reporting to Screen Gems topper Clint Culpepper. That move marked the first time Screen Gems had created a creative exec position since Culpepper took the reins of the Sony Pictures genre label in 1998. The label has been having incredible success recently with a row of #1 films. Graham worked on all of the studio’s projects in development. Before joining Screen Gems in 2005, he worked in the film development division for MGM Studios. Insurge Pictures was born out of Paramount production boss Adam Goodman’s initiative overseen by Powell to find talent from the Internet following the studio’s success with Paranormal Activity.
Film Exec John Graham Leaving Screen Gems For Paramount's Insurge Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- Oscar Best Picture Smackdown: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Both Asking, “What The Hell Is Going On?”…
- Four Studios Bidding On ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn’s Short Story ‘The Grownup’: Hot Package…
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine