EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: Screen Gems Executive Director of Development John Graham is moving to Insurge Pictures. At Paramount’s low-budget genre label, he’ll be working for Amy Powell as a member of the production group there. Graham has been at Screen Gems since 2005. He began as an assistant in the development/production department and then was promoted to creative executive reporting to Screen Gems topper Clint Culpepper. That move marked the first time Screen Gems had created a creative exec position since Culpepper took the reins of the Sony Pictures genre label in 1998. The label has been having incredible success recently with a row of #1 films. Graham worked on all of the studio’s projects in development. Before joining Screen Gems in 2005, he worked in the film development division for MGM Studios. Insurge Pictures was born out of Paramount production boss Adam Goodman’s initiative overseen by Powell to find talent from the Internet following the studio’s success with Paranormal Activity.
Film Exec John Graham Leaving Screen Gems For Paramount's Insurge Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete…
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’