EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: Screen Gems Executive Director of Development John Graham is moving to Insurge Pictures. At Paramount’s low-budget genre label, he’ll be working for Amy Powell as a member of the production group there. Graham has been at Screen Gems since 2005. He began as an assistant in the development/production department and then was promoted to creative executive reporting to Screen Gems topper Clint Culpepper. That move marked the first time Screen Gems had created a creative exec position since Culpepper took the reins of the Sony Pictures genre label in 1998. The label has been having incredible success recently with a row of #1 films. Graham worked on all of the studio’s projects in development. Before joining Screen Gems in 2005, he worked in the film development division for MGM Studios. Insurge Pictures was born out of Paramount production boss Adam Goodman’s initiative overseen by Powell to find talent from the Internet following the studio’s success with Paranormal Activity.
Film Exec John Graham Leaving Screen Gems For Paramount's Insurge Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role