Epix is still looking to grow its carriage, and that task will certainly become easier with debut premium TV rights to the two biggest films so far this year. Both The Avengers and The Hunger Games will be seen on Epix before any other premium service. Epix is a joint venture between Viacom (whose Paramount Pictures unit retained premium rights to Avengers), MGM and Lionsgate (the latter being the studio behind Hunger Games). In addition to debuting two hit films on its channels, Epix will also make both titles available to subscribers on-demand, online at EpixHD.com, and through Epix apps. The service is carried by Netflix but is still not available on Comcast, Time Warner Cable or DirecTV.
Epix Touts Its Premium Debut Of 'The Avengers' and 'Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Official Season 5 Trailer
- Fairuza Balk & Shree Crooks Join Showtime Drama ‘Ray Donovan’
- Horatio Sanz, Matt Walsh Get The Riot Act: 'A Better You' At SBIFF – Hot Clip
- Bonnie Arnold, Carolyn Blackwood Among Santa Barbara’s Women In The Biz Panelists
- Larry Wilmore On Deflategate: Super Bowl Teams “Seahawks And Cheaters”
- Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, John Krasinski Claim Credit For Deflategate On ‘Jimmy Kimmel’