Epix is still looking to grow its carriage, and that task will certainly become easier with debut premium TV rights to the two biggest films so far this year. Both The Avengers and The Hunger Games will be seen on Epix before any other premium service. Epix is a joint venture between Viacom (whose Paramount Pictures unit retained premium rights to Avengers), MGM and Lionsgate (the latter being the studio behind Hunger Games). In addition to debuting two hit films on its channels, Epix will also make both titles available to subscribers on-demand, online at EpixHD.com, and through Epix apps. The service is carried by Netflix but is still not available on Comcast, Time Warner Cable or DirecTV.
Epix Touts Its Premium Debut Of 'The Avengers' and 'Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- CMT President Brian Philips To Depart After 16 Years At the Viacom Network
- Primary Wave Adds Trio To Management Ranks
- Joel Zadak Makes Partner At Principato-Young Entertainment
- Fox’s Sky Acquisition: How Do Today’s Findings Affect Proposed Deal?
- ‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Trailer: “Nothing Can Keep Us From Being Free”
- President Donald Trump Sets New Low With Sexist Twitter Attack On Mika Brzezinski