Epix is still looking to grow its carriage, and that task will certainly become easier with debut premium TV rights to the two biggest films so far this year. Both The Avengers and The Hunger Games will be seen on Epix before any other premium service. Epix is a joint venture between Viacom (whose Paramount Pictures unit retained premium rights to Avengers), MGM and Lionsgate (the latter being the studio behind Hunger Games). In addition to debuting two hit films on its channels, Epix will also make both titles available to subscribers on-demand, online at EpixHD.com, and through Epix apps. The service is carried by Netflix but is still not available on Comcast, Time Warner Cable or DirecTV.
Epix Touts Its Premium Debut Of 'The Avengers' and 'Hunger Games'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'