Big Brother producer Endemol continues to make changes at the top. Lucas Church has been upped from COO to CEO Endemol UK with CFO Richard Johnston named COO. Both men held their previous positions since 2008. The UK group includes Initial, Remarkable Television, Zeppotron, Darlow Smithson Productions, Tiger Aspect and Tigress and annually produces over 2,000 hours of programming. Church will work closely with Tim Hincks in overseeing the creative and strategic direction of the UK business. Hincks was formerly CEO of Endemol UK and last week was named president of Endemol Group and chairman of Endemol UK. Among the group’s recent international successes are multi-platform big money game shows The Million Pound Drop, The Bank Job and Pointless. Endemol series Black Mirror just won the Rose d’Or Award for best comedy program. Its Low Winter Sun is being remade for AMC in the US.
Endemol U.K. Names Lucas Church CEO, Richard Johnston COO
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Tartaglione
- 'Hobbit' Rules While Chinese, Indian And French Films Make Noise: Intl BO Update
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' Bests His 'Dhoom 3′ In Record U.S. Bow For Bollywood (Video)
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3