Empire State, the drama that stars Liam Hemsworth and Dwayne Johnson, has filled out its cast with Twilight Saga‘s Nikki Reed, Michael Angarano, Emma Roberts, Entourage‘s Jerry Ferrara, Paul Ben-Victor, Shenae Grimes and Greg Vrotsos. Chris Diamantopoulos already had been added. The latter marks a convergence of Moe’s, with Ben-Victor playing Moe Howard in the ABC biopic of The Three Stooges, and Diamantopoulos just played Moe in the feature film. Empire State production kicks off Tuesday in New York City and New Orleans with Dito Montiel directing an Adam Mazer script about two friends in the ’80s who pull off a heist at an armored car company. Pic’s financed by Emmett/Furla Films with Georgia Film Fund 14, and will be distributed by Lionsgate. David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, George Furla and Randall Emmett are producing, while Norton Herrick, Stepan Martirosyan, Bill Chase and Cheetah Vision Films are exec producing.
'Empire State' Adds Nikki Reed, Michael Angarano, Jerry Ferrara; Lionsgate Releasing
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case