Empire State, the drama that stars Liam Hemsworth and Dwayne Johnson, has filled out its cast with Twilight Saga‘s Nikki Reed, Michael Angarano, Emma Roberts, Entourage‘s Jerry Ferrara, Paul Ben-Victor, Shenae Grimes and Greg Vrotsos. Chris Diamantopoulos already had been added. The latter marks a convergence of Moe’s, with Ben-Victor playing Moe Howard in the ABC biopic of The Three Stooges, and Diamantopoulos just played Moe in the feature film. Empire State production kicks off Tuesday in New York City and New Orleans with Dito Montiel directing an Adam Mazer script about two friends in the ’80s who pull off a heist at an armored car company. Pic’s financed by Emmett/Furla Films with Georgia Film Fund 14, and will be distributed by Lionsgate. David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, George Furla and Randall Emmett are producing, while Norton Herrick, Stepan Martirosyan, Bill Chase and Cheetah Vision Films are exec producing.
'Empire State' Adds Nikki Reed, Michael Angarano, Jerry Ferrara; Lionsgate Releasing
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Chris Pratt Circles 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
- EuropaCorp Seeing Red; Bolsters Film Slate, Ups Lisa Ellzey To Film Prexy
- 'Doctor Who's Matt Smith In 'Patient Zero'
- Penelope Cruz Catwalks To 'Zoolander 2;' Will 'Dumber To' Empower Silly Sequels?
- Benedict Cumberbatch Time's Cover Boy
- Paul Greengrass Eyes George Orwell's '1984'; 'Finding Neverland's James Graham To Write Script