Several years ago Showtime was the first network to send full seasons of its series to TV Academy members. Now it is the first to make full seasons of its Emmy hopefuls available for free to anyone including academy members for three days. During one of the busiest Emmy weekend voting periods — from Friday, June 15 to Sunday, June 17 — Showtime will be available for free nationwide via DirecTV and in New York and Los Angeles on the Time Warner Cable systems. Titled Best in SHO, the Emmy Free Weekend promotion, the first ever for a pay cable network, will feature marathon runs of the network’s original programming: series Homeland, Shameless, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, House Of Lies, The Borgias, The Big C, Weeds and Californication, and documentary Rebirth. The free preview weekend also will give viewers access to the season finales of Nurse Jackie, The Big C and The Borgias on that Sunday.
EMMYS: Showtime Launches Free Weekend Promotion Targeting TV Academy Members
What's Hot on Deadline
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Ashleigh Banfield Doubles Down On Aziz Ansari Accusations: “Sloppy & Reckless”
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Series Finale Trailer: Final 6 Episodes To Roll Out Over 3 Weeks On Disney XD
- Steve Harvey’s Daytime Talk Show Renewed For Second Season
- TGIT Returns Strong, ‘The Four’ Steady, ‘Supernatural’ Ratings On Par With Spinoff Episode
- Chelsea Handler: How Trump, Weinstein, #MeToo Changed Gender Politics On Anniversary Of Sundance Women’s March…
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’: Tessa Ferrer Cast In Season 2 Of Audience Network Series