Several years ago Showtime was the first network to send full seasons of its series to TV Academy members. Now it is the first to make full seasons of its Emmy hopefuls available for free to anyone including academy members for three days. During one of the busiest Emmy weekend voting periods — from Friday, June 15 to Sunday, June 17 — Showtime will be available for free nationwide via DirecTV and in New York and Los Angeles on the Time Warner Cable systems. Titled Best in SHO, the Emmy Free Weekend promotion, the first ever for a pay cable network, will feature marathon runs of the network’s original programming: series Homeland, Shameless, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, House Of Lies, The Borgias, The Big C, Weeds and Californication, and documentary Rebirth. The free preview weekend also will give viewers access to the season finales of Nurse Jackie, The Big C and The Borgias on that Sunday.
EMMYS: Showtime Launches Free Weekend Promotion Targeting TV Academy Members
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…