Elizabeth Banks has been cast in the title role of writer-producer Alan Ball’s new dark comedy What’s The Matter With Margie? Myriad Pictures announced today. Banks plays a downtrodden office worker who after years of abuse finally snaps and resorts to murdering her tormenters. Daniel Minahan (True Blood, Series 7: The Contenders) will direct from Ball’s original screenplay, and Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, The Savages) and Ball will produce. Myriad has acquired all rights outside the U.S. and Canada and is pre-selling in Cannes. The film is scheduled to start shooting in early 2013 in Los Angeles. UTA Independent Film Group packaged the film and is arranging financing. SVP Business Affairs David Ducar negotiated for Myriad. UTA IFG repped the filmmaker and producers and will sell U.S. and Canadian rights.
Elizabeth Banks To Star In Alan Ball's 'What's The Matter With Margie': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Nosing Out ‘Pitch Perfect’ For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…