Elizabeth Banks has been cast in the title role of writer-producer Alan Ball’s new dark comedy What’s The Matter With Margie? Myriad Pictures announced today. Banks plays a downtrodden office worker who after years of abuse finally snaps and resorts to murdering her tormenters. Daniel Minahan (True Blood, Series 7: The Contenders) will direct from Ball’s original screenplay, and Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, The Savages) and Ball will produce. Myriad has acquired all rights outside the U.S. and Canada and is pre-selling in Cannes. The film is scheduled to start shooting in early 2013 in Los Angeles. UTA Independent Film Group packaged the film and is arranging financing. SVP Business Affairs David Ducar negotiated for Myriad. UTA IFG repped the filmmaker and producers and will sell U.S. and Canadian rights.
Elizabeth Banks To Star In Alan Ball's 'What's The Matter With Margie': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine
- Peter Bart: Oscar Trail Is Long And Winding For The Smart Filmmakers Of ‘Spotlight’ and ‘The Big Short…
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”
- Endurance Media Taps Steve Barnett As Production Prexy, Acquires Trio Of Scripts
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- CBS Q4 Revenues Beat Expectations With 8% Growth In Network Ad Sales