Elizabeth Banks has been cast in the title role of writer-producer Alan Ball’s new dark comedy What’s The Matter With Margie? Myriad Pictures announced today. Banks plays a downtrodden office worker who after years of abuse finally snaps and resorts to murdering her tormenters. Daniel Minahan (True Blood, Series 7: The Contenders) will direct from Ball’s original screenplay, and Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, The Savages) and Ball will produce. Myriad has acquired all rights outside the U.S. and Canada and is pre-selling in Cannes. The film is scheduled to start shooting in early 2013 in Los Angeles. UTA Independent Film Group packaged the film and is arranging financing. SVP Business Affairs David Ducar negotiated for Myriad. UTA IFG repped the filmmaker and producers and will sell U.S. and Canadian rights.
Elizabeth Banks To Star In Alan Ball's 'What's The Matter With Margie': Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Snoop Dogg & Daz Dillinger Fire Up Drama Series Based On Their Early Days
- E/F/O, Tri G Co-Finance De Niro-Starrer ‘The War With Grandpa’ With Marro Films; Uma Thurman, Rob Riggle…
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Kathryn Newton, Gideon Adlon & Geraldine Viswanathan Make ‘The Pact’
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Over Five Newcomers With $38.4M; Second Frame Down 61% – Final B.O.
- Estonian Folk Tale ‘November’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Tribeca
- ‘Aardvark’ Producer-Star Zachary Quinto On Film’s “Valiant” Exploration Of Mental Illness…