Eli Roth has recently been producing, writing and acting, but The Green Inferno will mark his return behind the camera after his last feature as director, 2007’s Hostel: Part II. Worldview Entertainment has boarded the horror thriller to finance and produce. Roth just finished starring in Nicolás López’ earthquake thriller Aftershock and wrote the screenplay for Green Inferno with that film’s co-writer Guillermo Amoedo. The story, based on an idea of Roth’s, is being kept under wraps, but he says it was inspired by filming in Chile. He’ll also produce the film alongside Worldview’s Christopher Woodrow and Molly Conners and Sobras International producers Miguel Asensio Llamas and Nicolás Lopez. Production starts in the fall in Peru and Chile. Exclusive Media is launching sales here in Cannes with CAA handling domestic. Worldview’s Maria Cestone, Sarah Johnson Redlich and Hoyt David Morgan will executive produce.
Eli Roth To Direct 'The Green Inferno'; Worldview To Produce: Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 1
- 'The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' Checks In With New Trailer
- 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Ferris Bueller' & More Added To National Film Registry
- 'Mr Turner', 'Birdman' Lead London Critics' Circle Film Awards Nominations
- 10-Year-Old Newcomer Ruby Barnhill To Star In Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG'
- Footloose 'Hobbit' Grows; 'Mockingjay' Tempers 'Fire': Intl Box Office Final