Eli Roth has recently been producing, writing and acting, but The Green Inferno will mark his return behind the camera after his last feature as director, 2007’s Hostel: Part II. Worldview Entertainment has boarded the horror thriller to finance and produce. Roth just finished starring in Nicolás López’ earthquake thriller Aftershock and wrote the screenplay for Green Inferno with that film’s co-writer Guillermo Amoedo. The story, based on an idea of Roth’s, is being kept under wraps, but he says it was inspired by filming in Chile. He’ll also produce the film alongside Worldview’s Christopher Woodrow and Molly Conners and Sobras International producers Miguel Asensio Llamas and Nicolás Lopez. Production starts in the fall in Peru and Chile. Exclusive Media is launching sales here in Cannes with CAA handling domestic. Worldview’s Maria Cestone, Sarah Johnson Redlich and Hoyt David Morgan will executive produce.
Eli Roth To Direct 'The Green Inferno'; Worldview To Produce: Cannes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Tartaglione
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group
- Netflix Launches In France With A New Partner — And A New Rival