Eli Roth has recently been producing, writing and acting, but The Green Inferno will mark his return behind the camera after his last feature as director, 2007’s Hostel: Part II. Worldview Entertainment has boarded the horror thriller to finance and produce. Roth just finished starring in Nicolás López’ earthquake thriller Aftershock and wrote the screenplay for Green Inferno with that film’s co-writer Guillermo Amoedo. The story, based on an idea of Roth’s, is being kept under wraps, but he says it was inspired by filming in Chile. He’ll also produce the film alongside Worldview’s Christopher Woodrow and Molly Conners and Sobras International producers Miguel Asensio Llamas and Nicolás Lopez. Production starts in the fall in Peru and Chile. Exclusive Media is launching sales here in Cannes with CAA handling domestic. Worldview’s Maria Cestone, Sarah Johnson Redlich and Hoyt David Morgan will executive produce.
Eli Roth To Direct 'The Green Inferno'; Worldview To Produce: Cannes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente