EXCLUSIVE: Comedy writer-producer DJ Nash has signed an overall deal with Universal TV. Under the two-year pact, Nash will develop new projects and serve as an executive producer on the studio’s Up All Night, working alongside executive producer/showrunner Tucker Cawley. Up All Night, created by Emily Spivey and starring Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph, has been renewed for a second season with a 13-episode order. Nash most recently wrote the comedy project Let It Go for Sony Pictures TV and Peter Tolan’s Fedora Entertainment. His script received a cast-contingent pilot order at Fox and was produced after landing Zachary Levi as the lead. CAA-repped Nash also served as a co-executive producer on the NBC/Universal TV midseason comedy series Bent.
DJ Nash Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV, Joins 'Up All Night' As Exec Producer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'