EXCLUSIVE: Comedy writer-producer DJ Nash has signed an overall deal with Universal TV. Under the two-year pact, Nash will develop new projects and serve as an executive producer on the studio’s Up All Night, working alongside executive producer/showrunner Tucker Cawley. Up All Night, created by Emily Spivey and starring Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph, has been renewed for a second season with a 13-episode order. Nash most recently wrote the comedy project Let It Go for Sony Pictures TV and Peter Tolan’s Fedora Entertainment. His script received a cast-contingent pilot order at Fox and was produced after landing Zachary Levi as the lead. CAA-repped Nash also served as a co-executive producer on the NBC/Universal TV midseason comedy series Bent.
DJ Nash Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV, Joins 'Up All Night' As Exec Producer
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'