Disney CEO Bob Iger has been everywhere lately, including a meeting this week of ABC affiliates. It’s “the first time in years” that he has showed at one of these gatherings, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The magazine says he spoke to representatives of about 200 affiliates for about a half-hour. It was the first meeting under new chairman Dave Boylan of Miami’s WPLG. Iger picked a good time to strengthen ties with ABC’s affiliates, as the network needs their help for its effort to improve its primetime performance. Upcoming shows Nashville and 666 Park Avenue were well-received following last week’s upfront presentation. Also, the network and stations are working out the kinks in their Inventory Exchange System that enables them to buy ad spots from each other. They also discussed digital distribution plans.
Disney's Bob Iger Presses The Flesh With ABC Affiliates
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Gets Biggest Bump In Consumer Demand Post Golden Globes
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question
- British TV Host Billie JD Porter Details Vice Harassment Allegations
- Mitchell Gossett Joins Industry Entertainment Partners As Manager
- Tomorrow Studios To Adapt Novel ‘The Oracle Year’ As TV Series
- ‘Vampirina’ Renewed For Season 2 By Disney Junior