Disney CEO Bob Iger has been everywhere lately, including a meeting this week of ABC affiliates. It’s “the first time in years” that he has showed at one of these gatherings, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The magazine says he spoke to representatives of about 200 affiliates for about a half-hour. It was the first meeting under new chairman Dave Boylan of Miami’s WPLG. Iger picked a good time to strengthen ties with ABC’s affiliates, as the network needs their help for its effort to improve its primetime performance. Upcoming shows Nashville and 666 Park Avenue were well-received following last week’s upfront presentation. Also, the network and stations are working out the kinks in their Inventory Exchange System that enables them to buy ad spots from each other. They also discussed digital distribution plans.
Disney's Bob Iger Presses The Flesh With ABC Affiliates
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era