Disney CEO Bob Iger has been everywhere lately, including a meeting this week of ABC affiliates. It’s “the first time in years” that he has showed at one of these gatherings, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The magazine says he spoke to representatives of about 200 affiliates for about a half-hour. It was the first meeting under new chairman Dave Boylan of Miami’s WPLG. Iger picked a good time to strengthen ties with ABC’s affiliates, as the network needs their help for its effort to improve its primetime performance. Upcoming shows Nashville and 666 Park Avenue were well-received following last week’s upfront presentation. Also, the network and stations are working out the kinks in their Inventory Exchange System that enables them to buy ad spots from each other. They also discussed digital distribution plans.
Disney's Bob Iger Presses The Flesh With ABC Affiliates
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- CBS Buys Corinne Kingsbury Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates But Down In August, CNN No. 2 In News Demo While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers
- Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama 'Warrior' From Justin Lin & ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
- Deadline Advisory: TV Ratings Delayed
- Viacom To Rebrand MTV Hits As NickMusic