Disney CEO Bob Iger has been everywhere lately, including a meeting this week of ABC affiliates. It’s “the first time in years” that he has showed at one of these gatherings, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The magazine says he spoke to representatives of about 200 affiliates for about a half-hour. It was the first meeting under new chairman Dave Boylan of Miami’s WPLG. Iger picked a good time to strengthen ties with ABC’s affiliates, as the network needs their help for its effort to improve its primetime performance. Upcoming shows Nashville and 666 Park Avenue were well-received following last week’s upfront presentation. Also, the network and stations are working out the kinks in their Inventory Exchange System that enables them to buy ad spots from each other. They also discussed digital distribution plans.
Disney's Bob Iger Presses The Flesh With ABC Affiliates
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content