Disney CEO Bob Iger has been everywhere lately, including a meeting this week of ABC affiliates. It’s “the first time in years” that he has showed at one of these gatherings, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The magazine says he spoke to representatives of about 200 affiliates for about a half-hour. It was the first meeting under new chairman Dave Boylan of Miami’s WPLG. Iger picked a good time to strengthen ties with ABC’s affiliates, as the network needs their help for its effort to improve its primetime performance. Upcoming shows Nashville and 666 Park Avenue were well-received following last week’s upfront presentation. Also, the network and stations are working out the kinks in their Inventory Exchange System that enables them to buy ad spots from each other. They also discussed digital distribution plans.
Disney's Bob Iger Presses The Flesh With ABC Affiliates
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Will HBO Team Up With Apple For Online Service Launch?
- Warner Bros CEO Forecasts More Cost Cutting, Even As Studio Grows
- Netflix Looks At ‘Beasts Of No Nation’ As An Experiment
- Regal Adds MovieTickets.com For Online Ticket Sales In Non-Exclusive Deal
- Sling TV Folds IFC, Sundance TV, And EPIX Into Its Program Offerings