Disney CEO Bob Iger has been everywhere lately, including a meeting this week of ABC affiliates. It’s “the first time in years” that he has showed at one of these gatherings, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The magazine says he spoke to representatives of about 200 affiliates for about a half-hour. It was the first meeting under new chairman Dave Boylan of Miami’s WPLG. Iger picked a good time to strengthen ties with ABC’s affiliates, as the network needs their help for its effort to improve its primetime performance. Upcoming shows Nashville and 666 Park Avenue were well-received following last week’s upfront presentation. Also, the network and stations are working out the kinks in their Inventory Exchange System that enables them to buy ad spots from each other. They also discussed digital distribution plans.
Disney's Bob Iger Presses The Flesh With ABC Affiliates
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Bill Cosby Fights Again To Stop Sexual Assault Case Moving Forward
- Kevin James CBS Comedy Casts Ryan Cartwright; Andy Fickman Set To Direct
- Jake Tapper Snags First TV Interview With Actress In Pulled Ted Cruz Attack Ad
- ‘Hart Of Dixie’s Wilson Bethel Joins A&E Pilot ‘The Infamous’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Ashley Judd Joins Reboot
- As Disney Junior Turns 5, Nancy Kanter Talks Boys Vs. Girls, Disney Synergies, Multi-Platform Challenges, Kids TV Future