Not surprisingly, Disney has put the brakes on Order Of The Seven, the umpteenth installment of a revisionist Snow White telling, which had commercials helmer Michael Gracey attached. This film had Soairse Ronan aboard to play the lead female in a film that took place in Asia, with a samurai theme and an international cast. The project has been gestating at the studio for a decade, but after the under-performing Mirror Mirror and the upcoming Snow White And The Hunstman, did we really need more? The excuse I’m told was that the picture imploded over a budget in the $150 million range or higher, but even though this telling veered into its own direction, these fairy tales are being beaten like rented mules by Hollywood.
Disney Quits Snow White Film 'Order Of The Seven'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'