Not surprisingly, Disney has put the brakes on Order Of The Seven, the umpteenth installment of a revisionist Snow White telling, which had commercials helmer Michael Gracey attached. This film had Soairse Ronan aboard to play the lead female in a film that took place in Asia, with a samurai theme and an international cast. The project has been gestating at the studio for a decade, but after the under-performing Mirror Mirror and the upcoming Snow White And The Hunstman, did we really need more? The excuse I’m told was that the picture imploded over a budget in the $150 million range or higher, but even though this telling veered into its own direction, these fairy tales are being beaten like rented mules by Hollywood.
Disney Quits Snow White Film 'Order Of The Seven'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Paramount Lands 'Conquest'; Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest Film News
- Annie Awards Livestream & Winners List – Updated Live
- DGA Award Winners List – Live
- New ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Trailer”: Lionsgate Unleashes Super Bowl Spot A Day Early
- Deadline’s DGA Awards Live Blog
- Paramount Lands ‘Conquest’; Plan To Re-Team ‘The Revenant’s Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down ‘Caesar’ – Saturday AM…