EXCLUSIVE: Brenton Thwaites has been set as the prince in Maleficent, the Robert Stromberg-directed Disney film that stars Angelina Jolie as the title character and Elle Fanning as Princess Aurora. Who is Thwaites? He’s here from Australia, where he played a role in the Aussie TV series Home And Away, which got him the Lifetime Channel film Blue Lagoon: The Awakening. That film, which he shot with fellow Australian Indiana Evans, will be released next month. Before that he played in the TV drama SLiDE in Australia, which was his breakout role. He is repped by WME and managed by Industry Entertainment and Australia-based Shanahan Management.
Disney Crowns Young Prince In 'Maleficent'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Gregg Allman, Pillar of Namesake Southern Rock Band, Dies at 69
- Harvey Weinstein Lauds Certain Regard Jury For Spotlight On Native American Issues In ‘Wind River’ – Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Wind River’s Taylor Sheridan, ‘A Man Of Integrity’, ‘April’s Daughter’ & More…
- A24 Hits The Festivals & The Oscars With Diverse Slate And Savvy Digital Marketing Strategy — Deadline Disruptors
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Says Ahoy To $86.5M – Int’l Box Office Update