EXCLUSIVE: Brenton Thwaites has been set as the prince in Maleficent, the Robert Stromberg-directed Disney film that stars Angelina Jolie as the title character and Elle Fanning as Princess Aurora. Who is Thwaites? He’s here from Australia, where he played a role in the Aussie TV series Home And Away, which got him the Lifetime Channel film Blue Lagoon: The Awakening. That film, which he shot with fellow Australian Indiana Evans, will be released next month. Before that he played in the TV drama SLiDE in Australia, which was his breakout role. He is repped by WME and managed by Industry Entertainment and Australia-based Shanahan Management.
Disney Crowns Young Prince In 'Maleficent'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur