EXCLUSIVE: Brenton Thwaites has been set as the prince in Maleficent, the Robert Stromberg-directed Disney film that stars Angelina Jolie as the title character and Elle Fanning as Princess Aurora. Who is Thwaites? He’s here from Australia, where he played a role in the Aussie TV series Home And Away, which got him the Lifetime Channel film Blue Lagoon: The Awakening. That film, which he shot with fellow Australian Indiana Evans, will be released next month. Before that he played in the TV drama SLiDE in Australia, which was his breakout role. He is repped by WME and managed by Industry Entertainment and Australia-based Shanahan Management.
Disney Crowns Young Prince In 'Maleficent'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Funk Legend George Clinton Joins Flying Lotus’ ‘Kuso’; Thomas Q. Jones Locked In ‘Choke Hold’
- ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children’ Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton’s…
- Sarah Carter Scores High In ‘Business Ethics’ As Comedy Rounds Out Cast
- Orion Pictures And Gunpowder & Sky Nab Robert Schwartzman Pic ‘Dreamland’
- New Regency Production President Pam Abdy Exiting
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal