EXCLUSIVE: Brenton Thwaites has been set as the prince in Maleficent, the Robert Stromberg-directed Disney film that stars Angelina Jolie as the title character and Elle Fanning as Princess Aurora. Who is Thwaites? He’s here from Australia, where he played a role in the Aussie TV series Home And Away, which got him the Lifetime Channel film Blue Lagoon: The Awakening. That film, which he shot with fellow Australian Indiana Evans, will be released next month. Before that he played in the TV drama SLiDE in Australia, which was his breakout role. He is repped by WME and managed by Industry Entertainment and Australia-based Shanahan Management.
Disney Crowns Young Prince In 'Maleficent'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Kevin Costner Sues Kylin Pictures For $3.85M Over ‘Shanghai Sojourners’ Breach
- Janet Patterson Dies: Costume Designer & Jane Campion Regular Was Four-Time Oscar Nominee
- Ludacris To Star In Indie BMX Action Drama ‘Ride’
- ‘Moonlight’ Review: Moving Story Of Self-Discovery Should Resonate At Oscar Time
- Colin Firth & Ged Doherty Take Lessons From ‘Filmmaking For Dummies’ To Hatch Two Genuine Oscar Contenders
- AMC Entertainment’s Bid For Carmike Wins Shareholder Advisory Firm’s Support