The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and HLN made it official on their respective websites today that the 39th Daytime Emmy Awards will air live on the cable news network June 23 at 5 PM PT/8 PM PT. The move was expected after Broadcasting & Cable tipped a deal earlier this month. The last two telecasts have been on CBS but were produced by Associated Television International, which leased the airtime and sold ads and arranged produce placement deals. ATI and NATAS were unable to come to terms this year and the major networks declined to air the telecast, allowing the Time Warner network to step in. “Every day, we focus on the news and information people talk about, and that has included extensive coverage of the Daytime Emmys in the past,” HLN EVP and GM Scot Safon Safon wrote today on the HLN site. “This year, we’re very excited to also be carrying the event itself.”
HLN Set To Air Daytime Emmy Awards
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016