Michael Bond’s first Paddington book was published in 1958, but the film version will be a modern take. Harry Potter producer David Heyman and Studiocanal are teaming for the CGI live-action adaptation. Paul King (Bunny And The Bull) will direct the story of the curious young bear who travels from Peru to London’s Paddington station where he’s taken in by an English family. Studiocanal is financing and has distribution via its subsidiaries in the UK, France and Germany. The company will also handle international sales.
David Heyman, Studiocanal To Bring Paddington Bear To The Big Screen
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'