With production on the third season of PBS’ hit Downton Abbey wrapping soon, castmember Dan Stevens is set to play golddigger Morris Townsend in the Broadway revival of Ruth and Augustus Goetz’ play The Heiress this fall, which itself was based on the Henry James novel. Stevens plays Matthew Crawley, who is in line to inherit the grand titular estate in Downton Abbey. He will appear opposite Jessica Chastain, as the heiress herself Catherine Sloper, and David Strathairn as her disapproving father. This marks the Broadway debut for both Chastain and Stevens. The play based on Henry James’ Washington Square is being produced by Paula Wagner, Roy Furman and Stephanie P. McClelland and directed by Moisés Kaufman. Stevens’ previous stage work, in London, include playing Septimus Hodge in Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia and the Doctor in Stoppard and Andre Previn’s Every Good Boy Deserves Favour.
Dan Stevens Joining Jessica Chastain, David Strathairn In 'The Heiress' on Stage
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
Latest TV News
- ITN Productions Eyes U.S. Expansion, Preps California ‘House Of Horrors’, Meghan Markle And Trump Docs
- Fox-Sky Deal: UK Authority Says “Not In The Public Interest”; Hints Disney Could Help
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV