With production on the third season of PBS’ hit Downton Abbey wrapping soon, castmember Dan Stevens is set to play golddigger Morris Townsend in the Broadway revival of Ruth and Augustus Goetz’ play The Heiress this fall, which itself was based on the Henry James novel. Stevens plays Matthew Crawley, who is in line to inherit the grand titular estate in Downton Abbey. He will appear opposite Jessica Chastain, as the heiress herself Catherine Sloper, and David Strathairn as her disapproving father. This marks the Broadway debut for both Chastain and Stevens. The play based on Henry James’ Washington Square is being produced by Paula Wagner, Roy Furman and Stephanie P. McClelland and directed by Moisés Kaufman. Stevens’ previous stage work, in London, include playing Septimus Hodge in Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia and the Doctor in Stoppard and Andre Previn’s Every Good Boy Deserves Favour.
Dan Stevens Joining Jessica Chastain, David Strathairn In 'The Heiress' on Stage
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Four Broward Officers Took Cover Outside Florida School As Gunman Killed 17 – Report
- Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donations To End Gun Violence: Who’s Next?
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz; Spokesperson Responds…
- ‘The Expanse’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date; Unveils Trailer
- Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
- Todd Holland To Direct ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Steps’