Dan Sterling and Brent Forrester have been tapped as executive producers on NBC’s flagship comedy series The Office next season. The two are expected to fill the void left by the departure of executive producer/showrunner Paul Lieberstein, who is segueing to The Office spinoff starring Rainn Wilson, which the two created together. Sterling and Forrester have been drafted by The Office developer/executive producer Greg Daniels, with whom they previously worked on his animated Fox comedy King Of The Hill. Nobody has been designated showrunner on the upcoming ninth season of The Office. Daniels has been very involved, spearheading a major creative overhaul on the show, which includes changes for existing characters and the introduction of new ones. All Office cast members sans Mindy Kaling, who got her own series on Fox, will be back. Forrester has been a consulting producer on The Office since the third season. Sterling most recently co-created/executive produced Sarah Silverman’s NBC comedy pilot and served as a consulting producer on the new HBO comedy series Girls. Both are with UTA.
Dan Sterling & Brent Forrester Named Executive Producers On NBC's 'The Office'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest TV News
- Ewan McGregor Scraps UK Talk Show Visit Over Piers Morgan Women’s March Barbs
- Amazon Scraps ‘Highston’ Comedy Series From Bob Nelson & Sacha Baron Cohen
- ABC Orders Drama Pilots ‘The Good Doctor’ & ‘Doomsday’ From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim…
- NBC’s ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Taps Soap Writing Vet Ron Carlivati
- Verizon Axes 155 Go90 Staffers; Streaming Service Targets Millennials
- CBS Orders Crime Drama Pilot Starring Alan Cumming, Craig Turk Legal Drama