Dan Sterling and Brent Forrester have been tapped as executive producers on NBC’s flagship comedy series The Office next season. The two are expected to fill the void left by the departure of executive producer/showrunner Paul Lieberstein, who is segueing to The Office spinoff starring Rainn Wilson, which the two created together. Sterling and Forrester have been drafted by The Office developer/executive producer Greg Daniels, with whom they previously worked on his animated Fox comedy King Of The Hill. Nobody has been designated showrunner on the upcoming ninth season of The Office. Daniels has been very involved, spearheading a major creative overhaul on the show, which includes changes for existing characters and the introduction of new ones. All Office cast members sans Mindy Kaling, who got her own series on Fox, will be back. Forrester has been a consulting producer on The Office since the third season. Sterling most recently co-created/executive produced Sarah Silverman’s NBC comedy pilot and served as a consulting producer on the new HBO comedy series Girls. Both are with UTA.
Dan Sterling & Brent Forrester Named Executive Producers On NBC's 'The Office'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Young & Hungry' Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other Details Revealed
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Former BBC & Sky Exec Andrea Hamilton Launches Om TV With China’s 3C Media
- Netflix, Amazon Face Calls For European Content Quota
- ‘The Flash’ Reveals The Man Behind The Iron Mask In Season Finale
- MSNBC Dayside Moves Continue: Izzy Povich Leaving
- Versa Media Capital Raises $100M To Bridge Finance Indie TV & Film Projects
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Review: Cillian Murphy & Gang Raise Stakes In Strong Return