Dan Sterling and Brent Forrester have been tapped as executive producers on NBC’s flagship comedy series The Office next season. The two are expected to fill the void left by the departure of executive producer/showrunner Paul Lieberstein, who is segueing to The Office spinoff starring Rainn Wilson, which the two created together. Sterling and Forrester have been drafted by The Office developer/executive producer Greg Daniels, with whom they previously worked on his animated Fox comedy King Of The Hill. Nobody has been designated showrunner on the upcoming ninth season of The Office. Daniels has been very involved, spearheading a major creative overhaul on the show, which includes changes for existing characters and the introduction of new ones. All Office cast members sans Mindy Kaling, who got her own series on Fox, will be back. Forrester has been a consulting producer on The Office since the third season. Sterling most recently co-created/executive produced Sarah Silverman’s NBC comedy pilot and served as a consulting producer on the new HBO comedy series Girls. Both are with UTA.
Dan Sterling & Brent Forrester Named Executive Producers On NBC's 'The Office'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Waco’: Camryn Manheim, Eric Lange Among 5 Cast In Event Series For Par Network
- Audience Network's New Documentary From Vince Vaughn To Tackle Police & Race Relations
- Chill On Rumors Of Netflix Side Deal As WGA Strike Authorization Looms
- ‘Blood Drive’ Trailer: Cannibals, Monsters, Cults, Nymphos & More In Syfy’s Grindhouse Series
- Ingrid Michaelson/Liz Tigelaar Comedy Series ‘The Way I Am’ In Works At Hulu
- ‘When Calls The Heart’ Renewed For Season 5 On Hallmark Channel