Dan Sterling and Brent Forrester have been tapped as executive producers on NBC’s flagship comedy series The Office next season. The two are expected to fill the void left by the departure of executive producer/showrunner Paul Lieberstein, who is segueing to The Office spinoff starring Rainn Wilson, which the two created together. Sterling and Forrester have been drafted by The Office developer/executive producer Greg Daniels, with whom they previously worked on his animated Fox comedy King Of The Hill. Nobody has been designated showrunner on the upcoming ninth season of The Office. Daniels has been very involved, spearheading a major creative overhaul on the show, which includes changes for existing characters and the introduction of new ones. All Office cast members sans Mindy Kaling, who got her own series on Fox, will be back. Forrester has been a consulting producer on The Office since the third season. Sterling most recently co-created/executive produced Sarah Silverman’s NBC comedy pilot and served as a consulting producer on the new HBO comedy series Girls. Both are with UTA.
Dan Sterling & Brent Forrester Named Executive Producers On NBC's 'The Office'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Defends "Restrained" Twitter Bashing Of Alec Baldwin & 'SNL' In Person Of Year Interview
Latest TV News
- House Bill Would Jettison FCC’s Ban On Local Media Cross-Ownership
- Conan O’Brien Skirts Late-Night Political Minefield With Berlin Road Trip
- ‘The Devil’s Defender’: John Henry Browne Autobiography Being Adapted For TV
- ‘Madiba’: First Look At Laurence Fishburne As Nelson Mandela In BET Miniseries
- ‘Reign’ To End After 4 Seasons On the CW
- ‘Counterpart’: Mido Hamada & Kenneth Choi Join Starz Spy Series