Dan Sterling and Brent Forrester have been tapped as executive producers on NBC’s flagship comedy series The Office next season. The two are expected to fill the void left by the departure of executive producer/showrunner Paul Lieberstein, who is segueing to The Office spinoff starring Rainn Wilson, which the two created together. Sterling and Forrester have been drafted by The Office developer/executive producer Greg Daniels, with whom they previously worked on his animated Fox comedy King Of The Hill. Nobody has been designated showrunner on the upcoming ninth season of The Office. Daniels has been very involved, spearheading a major creative overhaul on the show, which includes changes for existing characters and the introduction of new ones. All Office cast members sans Mindy Kaling, who got her own series on Fox, will be back. Forrester has been a consulting producer on The Office since the third season. Sterling most recently co-created/executive produced Sarah Silverman’s NBC comedy pilot and served as a consulting producer on the new HBO comedy series Girls. Both are with UTA.
Dan Sterling & Brent Forrester Named Executive Producers On NBC's 'The Office'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Linda Ellerbee To Retire From Television
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Steady With Record Breaking 2014 Midseason Finale
- Annie Award Noms: ‘Inside Out’, ‘Anomalisa’, ‘Shaun The Sheep’, ‘Good Dinosaur’ & ‘Peanuts ‘ Up For…
- 'Rambo: New Blood' Father-Son TV Series In Works At Fox With Sylvester Stallone
- Amazon Confirms David E. Kelley Drama Series ‘Trial’ Starring Billy Bob Thornton
- Morgan Spurlock’s Warrior Poets Teams With ABG For Strategic Brand Partnership