EXCLUSIVE: Emmy-winning comedy writer-producer Tucker Cawley has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. Under the pact, the Everybody Loves Raymond alum will serve as executive producer/showrunner on the studio’s NBC comedy series Up All Night, which was renewed for a second season with a 13-episode order. Cawley was most recently co-executive producer on the first season of the series, created/executive produced by Emily Spivey and starring Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph. As showrunner, Cawley succeeds Jon Pollack, who moved to another NBC/Universal TV comedy series, the newly-picked up Go On. Cawley, repped by CAA and attorneys Patti Felker and Bruce Gelman, won an Emmy Award for writing the Baggage episode of CBS’ Everybody Loves Raymond and shared in the show’s two best comedy series Emmys. His series credits also include TNT’s Men Of a Certain Age and NBC’s Parks & Recreation.
Comedy Writer-Producer Tucker Cawley Signs Deal With Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Latest TV News
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3
- Rebecca Eaton Explains How To Get BBC To Tackle Quintessentially American ‘Little Women’ – TCA
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Canceled After Two Seasons
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Review: Tangled Tale Falls Out Of Fashion
- Media Content Wars Will Require Both Scale And Reach; “A Brand Only Gets You So Far” — NATPE