EXCLUSIVE: Chris McKenna (Community) has closed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. Under the pact, he will develop and supervise new and existing projects for the studio. McKenna spent the last three seasons as a co-executive producers on the cult NBC/Sony TV comedy series Community. “Chris is a talented, funny writer who has written memorable episodes of Community,” Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “We’ve been long-time fans and are excited to develop with him this year.” McKenna, repped by UTA, Magnet Management and attorney David Matlof, started his TV career as a staff writer on Fox’s animated comedy American Dad where he worked his way up the ranks to supervising producer before segueing to Community. This is the latest writer-producer overall pact for Universal TV, which has been beefing up its talent roster.
Comedy Writer-Producer Chris McKenna Signs Overall Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Stephen Colbert Updates Steve Bannon’s Résumé: Skills Include “Dissolving Enemies In Bathtub”
- NBC Nabs Adult Sibling Drama From Kevin Falls With Put Pilot Commitment
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Season 9 Trailer: Larry Is Not Ready To Save The World
- Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot – Update