EXCLUSIVE: Chris McKenna (Community) has closed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. Under the pact, he will develop and supervise new and existing projects for the studio. McKenna spent the last three seasons as a co-executive producers on the cult NBC/Sony TV comedy series Community. “Chris is a talented, funny writer who has written memorable episodes of Community,” Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “We’ve been long-time fans and are excited to develop with him this year.” McKenna, repped by UTA, Magnet Management and attorney David Matlof, started his TV career as a staff writer on Fox’s animated comedy American Dad where he worked his way up the ranks to supervising producer before segueing to Community. This is the latest writer-producer overall pact for Universal TV, which has been beefing up its talent roster.
Comedy Writer-Producer Chris McKenna Signs Overall Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest TV News
- Erin Moran Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Actress Was 56
- New Caitlyn Jenner Interview Brings ’20/20′ Ratings Down, ‘Dateline’ Rises
- Donald Trump Plans Rally For Night Of White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- ‘Rise’, ‘For God And Country’ Get Closer To NBC Series Pickups With Staffing Offers
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Bill Maher Tells Donald Trump To Forget Mars, “Make Earth Great Again”