EXCLUSIVE: Chris McKenna (Community) has closed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. Under the pact, he will develop and supervise new and existing projects for the studio. McKenna spent the last three seasons as a co-executive producers on the cult NBC/Sony TV comedy series Community. “Chris is a talented, funny writer who has written memorable episodes of Community,” Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “We’ve been long-time fans and are excited to develop with him this year.” McKenna, repped by UTA, Magnet Management and attorney David Matlof, started his TV career as a staff writer on Fox’s animated comedy American Dad where he worked his way up the ranks to supervising producer before segueing to Community. This is the latest writer-producer overall pact for Universal TV, which has been beefing up its talent roster.
Comedy Writer-Producer Chris McKenna Signs Overall Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”