EXCLUSIVE: Chris McKenna (Community) has closed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. Under the pact, he will develop and supervise new and existing projects for the studio. McKenna spent the last three seasons as a co-executive producers on the cult NBC/Sony TV comedy series Community. “Chris is a talented, funny writer who has written memorable episodes of Community,” Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “We’ve been long-time fans and are excited to develop with him this year.” McKenna, repped by UTA, Magnet Management and attorney David Matlof, started his TV career as a staff writer on Fox’s animated comedy American Dad where he worked his way up the ranks to supervising producer before segueing to Community. This is the latest writer-producer overall pact for Universal TV, which has been beefing up its talent roster.
Comedy Writer-Producer Chris McKenna Signs Overall Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Natalie Dormer To Topline & Produce Vivien Leigh Series With FremantleMedia & UK’s Mainstreet Pictures
- David Cross Latest ‘Arrested Development’ Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show’s UK Press Tour Canceled
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- ‘Cobra Kai’: Martin Kove Becomes Series Regular For Season 2 Of YouTube Show
- ‘Big Little Lies’: P.J. Byrne Set For Season 2 Return
- ‘American Princess’: Lesley Ann Warren & Max Ehrich Set To Recur In Lifetime Series