EXCLUSIVE: Chris McKenna (Community) has closed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. Under the pact, he will develop and supervise new and existing projects for the studio. McKenna spent the last three seasons as a co-executive producers on the cult NBC/Sony TV comedy series Community. “Chris is a talented, funny writer who has written memorable episodes of Community,” Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “We’ve been long-time fans and are excited to develop with him this year.” McKenna, repped by UTA, Magnet Management and attorney David Matlof, started his TV career as a staff writer on Fox’s animated comedy American Dad where he worked his way up the ranks to supervising producer before segueing to Community. This is the latest writer-producer overall pact for Universal TV, which has been beefing up its talent roster.
Comedy Writer-Producer Chris McKenna Signs Overall Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo