Colin Firth will play Noel Coward in BiteSize Entertainment‘s upcoming feature Mad Dogs And Englishmen. Gene Kirkwood and Ross Elliot, who are folding their Kirkwood-Elliot banner into new venture Bitesize, are producing. The film is based on the true story of the legendary playwright, actor and composer’s run at the Desert Inn in 1955. Kirkwood tells Deadline the screenplay, by Willy Holtzman, sees the quintessential Englishman invited to perform a cabaret act in the Inn after Liberace takes a spill and has to cancel. Owing the UK government a fair bit in taxes, Coward accepts the $30,000 offer. The story chronicles the two-week engagement and Coward’s relationship with his agent and the piano teacher who becomes his accompaniest. Firth is repped by CAA.
Colin Firth Taking His Act To Vegas As Noel Coward In 'Mad Dogs And Englishmen'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Berlin Briefs: The Works International Reps ‘Elstree 1976′; Content Media Searches ‘Deep Web'; Sierra/Affinity Visits…
- New President For eOne Films Canada; ‘Built By America Live’ Format Crossing Pond: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Sam Reid Makes Time For ‘2:22′ With Michiel Huisman, Teresa Palmer – Berlin
- Oscar Nominee ‘Ida’ Triggers Hate Debate In Poland, Pawel Pawlikowski Responds
- Noam Murro To Direct Black List Script ‘Blink’ For Atlas Independent – Berlin
- Rhys Ifans Engages In Jake Chapman’s ‘Marriage Of Reason And Squalor’ At Sky