Colin Firth will play Noel Coward in BiteSize Entertainment‘s upcoming feature Mad Dogs And Englishmen. Gene Kirkwood and Ross Elliot, who are folding their Kirkwood-Elliot banner into new venture Bitesize, are producing. The film is based on the true story of the legendary playwright, actor and composer’s run at the Desert Inn in 1955. Kirkwood tells Deadline the screenplay, by Willy Holtzman, sees the quintessential Englishman invited to perform a cabaret act in the Inn after Liberace takes a spill and has to cancel. Owing the UK government a fair bit in taxes, Coward accepts the $30,000 offer. The story chronicles the two-week engagement and Coward’s relationship with his agent and the piano teacher who becomes his accompaniest. Firth is repped by CAA.
Colin Firth Taking His Act To Vegas As Noel Coward In 'Mad Dogs And Englishmen'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Tartaglione
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’
- BAFTA Los Angeles Names Chantal Rickards To New CEO Post
- ‘A Little Chaos': Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet Stroll Versailles Gardens – Trailer
- Amazon Prime In UK Deal For ‘Outlander'; Season 1 To Premiere March 26 – Video
- UK’s Kudos Appoints Diederick Santer, Dan Isaacs As Joint CEOs