Chris Diamantopoulos is going to the indie heist drama Empire State. The Three Stooges actor joins Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Emma Roberts and The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth in the cast. Dito Montiel is directing and Adam Mazer is writing. (Mazer recently signed on to pen a script on Miami nightclub impresario Chris Paciello.) David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, George Furla and Randall Emmett are producing. Empire State is based on the true story of two friends in the 1980s that stole all the money stored at an armored car company. Diamantopoulos will play a mob boss who thinks the two friends might have committed the caper even when the rest of New York thinks it was a major criminal conspiracy.
Chris Diamantopoulos Joins 'Empire State'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Patten
- Animation Studios Lawsuit Wants Judge Who Scuttled Apple Settlement To Preside
- 'Dungeons & Dragons' Movie Rights Trial Starts With Roll Of The Sequel Dice
- UPDATE: ESPN's 'Monday Night Football' Rises In Week Two Of NFL Season
- Gov. Brown Likely To Sign Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion This Week
- FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Final Season Premiere Soars In Live+3 Ratings