Chris Diamantopoulos is going to the indie heist drama Empire State. The Three Stooges actor joins Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Emma Roberts and The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth in the cast. Dito Montiel is directing and Adam Mazer is writing. (Mazer recently signed on to pen a script on Miami nightclub impresario Chris Paciello.) David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, George Furla and Randall Emmett are producing. Empire State is based on the true story of two friends in the 1980s that stole all the money stored at an armored car company. Diamantopoulos will play a mob boss who thinks the two friends might have committed the caper even when the rest of New York thinks it was a major criminal conspiracy.
Chris Diamantopoulos Joins 'Empire State'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest Film News
- Oscar Nominee & EGOT Contender Lin-Manuel Miranda Staying Put In “The Heights”
- ‘La La’, Diversity, Meryl, Mel & Lots Of Worthy Movies Overshadow Academy’s Weird Oscar…
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Spits Rhymes, Beguiles Park City, Readies For Big Time – Sundance Studio
- Alfre Woodard On “Universal Story” Of ‘Burning Sands’ & Netflix Barrier Breaking…
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Near Deal To Fox Searchlight For $10.5M – Sundance
- Oscars: ‘Tanna’ Marks First Foreign Language Nomination For Australia