Chris Diamantopoulos is going to the indie heist drama Empire State. The Three Stooges actor joins Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Emma Roberts and The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth in the cast. Dito Montiel is directing and Adam Mazer is writing. (Mazer recently signed on to pen a script on Miami nightclub impresario Chris Paciello.) David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, George Furla and Randall Emmett are producing. Empire State is based on the true story of two friends in the 1980s that stole all the money stored at an armored car company. Diamantopoulos will play a mob boss who thinks the two friends might have committed the caper even when the rest of New York thinks it was a major criminal conspiracy.
Chris Diamantopoulos Joins 'Empire State'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”