Chris Diamantopoulos is going to the indie heist drama Empire State. The Three Stooges actor joins Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Emma Roberts and The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth in the cast. Dito Montiel is directing and Adam Mazer is writing. (Mazer recently signed on to pen a script on Miami nightclub impresario Chris Paciello.) David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, George Furla and Randall Emmett are producing. Empire State is based on the true story of two friends in the 1980s that stole all the money stored at an armored car company. Diamantopoulos will play a mob boss who thinks the two friends might have committed the caper even when the rest of New York thinks it was a major criminal conspiracy.
Chris Diamantopoulos Joins 'Empire State'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Patten
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ Review: Tina Fey Netflix Comedy More Than Funny, Says Dominic Patten
- Harrison Ford “OK” After L.A. Plane Crash, Says Son
- ‘DIG’ Review: USA Network Event Series Not Very Deep, Says Dominic Patten
- Ex-Deputy L.A. Film Czar Wants Your Vote
- Seth Rogen Comes Out Smoking Over THR Charges Of Pot-Reeking Office
- L.A. Mayor Cuts Production Red Tape, Appoints New Chief Film Liaison For City