Chris Diamantopoulos is going to the indie heist drama Empire State. The Three Stooges actor joins Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Emma Roberts and The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth in the cast. Dito Montiel is directing and Adam Mazer is writing. (Mazer recently signed on to pen a script on Miami nightclub impresario Chris Paciello.) David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, George Furla and Randall Emmett are producing. Empire State is based on the true story of two friends in the 1980s that stole all the money stored at an armored car company. Diamantopoulos will play a mob boss who thinks the two friends might have committed the caper even when the rest of New York thinks it was a major criminal conspiracy.
Chris Diamantopoulos Joins 'Empire State'
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Sunday AM Update
'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Sees $65M Offshore Debut; Gamers Rush To 'Warcraft' With $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest Film News
- ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’ Sees $65M Offshore Debut; Gamers Rush To ‘Warcraft’ With $31.6M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $186M – Intl Box…
- Holdovers 'Weiner,' 'Love & Friendship' & 'The Lobster' Strong: Specialty Box Office
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Furious Future With First In-Character Pic From ‘Fast 8’
- Jeff Bridges Infiltrates ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
- ‘Equals’ Director Drake Doremus On Film’s Love Story, Locations & Audience Response