Chris Diamantopoulos is going to the indie heist drama Empire State. The Three Stooges actor joins Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Emma Roberts and The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth in the cast. Dito Montiel is directing and Adam Mazer is writing. (Mazer recently signed on to pen a script on Miami nightclub impresario Chris Paciello.) David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, George Furla and Randall Emmett are producing. Empire State is based on the true story of two friends in the 1980s that stole all the money stored at an armored car company. Diamantopoulos will play a mob boss who thinks the two friends might have committed the caper even when the rest of New York thinks it was a major criminal conspiracy.
Chris Diamantopoulos Joins 'Empire State'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney