CBS has sold more than half its advertising inventory for the 2013 broadcast of Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, Advertising Age reports. CBS also could sell-out levels approaching 80% in the next few weeks, CBS EVP sports ad sales John Bogusz said. “We are over 50% sold in the game, and we have a number of active negotiations … that will get us closer to 80% sold,” he added — possibly in “a week or two.” Car advertising is driving the pace, notwithstanding GM’s recent decision to forgo Super Bowl ads next year. Hyundai, Audi and others appear to have picked up the slack. GM blamed the high cost of ads — which buyers say range between $3.7 million and $3.8 million per 30-second spot for companies buying multiple ads. Even so, Bogusz said the auto category “is extremely healthy and it has been active.” He also said “We do have movies in the game and … we are in active negotiations with beverages.” The Super Bowl has been the most watched TV broadcast each year for the past three games, which has spurred marketers to buy early and networks to boost rates.
CBS Sells Over 50% Of 2013 Super Bowl Ads
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Operation Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…