CBS has sold more than half its advertising inventory for the 2013 broadcast of Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, Advertising Age reports. CBS also could sell-out levels approaching 80% in the next few weeks, CBS EVP sports ad sales John Bogusz said. “We are over 50% sold in the game, and we have a number of active negotiations … that will get us closer to 80% sold,” he added — possibly in “a week or two.” Car advertising is driving the pace, notwithstanding GM’s recent decision to forgo Super Bowl ads next year. Hyundai, Audi and others appear to have picked up the slack. GM blamed the high cost of ads — which buyers say range between $3.7 million and $3.8 million per 30-second spot for companies buying multiple ads. Even so, Bogusz said the auto category “is extremely healthy and it has been active.” He also said “We do have movies in the game and … we are in active negotiations with beverages.” The Super Bowl has been the most watched TV broadcast each year for the past three games, which has spurred marketers to buy early and networks to boost rates.
CBS Sells Over 50% Of 2013 Super Bowl Ads
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…