EXCLUSIVE: A lot of WME staffers tomorrow get handed checks courtesy of that recent deal with strategic equity partner Silver Lake Partners. The agency won’t say who gets how much, but a source tells me, “There are some checks that are obnoxiously high, and there are some checks that are high enough.” It’s not just board members and partners, either: I’m told WME assistants will get $1,000 each as a “token of appreciation”. (Hey, isn’t that what those poorly paid peons pocket all year?) On May 2nd the Hollywood agency announced that techno-savvy Silver Lake was taking a 31% non-controlling minority interest in a deal set by WME toppers Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell. The investor, Emanuel, and Whitesell all decided to bestow the cash.
Cash Windfalls For WME Agents, Assistants
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Film News
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping…
- Blumhouse & Todd McFarlane Team For ‘Spawn’ Movie – Comic-Con
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic