EXCLUSIVE: A lot of WME staffers tomorrow get handed checks courtesy of that recent deal with strategic equity partner Silver Lake Partners. The agency won’t say who gets how much, but a source tells me, “There are some checks that are obnoxiously high, and there are some checks that are high enough.” It’s not just board members and partners, either: I’m told WME assistants will get $1,000 each as a “token of appreciation”. (Hey, isn’t that what those poorly paid peons pocket all year?) On May 2nd the Hollywood agency announced that techno-savvy Silver Lake was taking a 31% non-controlling minority interest in a deal set by WME toppers Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell. The investor, Emanuel, and Whitesell all decided to bestow the cash.
Cash Windfalls For WME Agents, Assistants
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First