With the pace of dealmaking slow so far at the Cannes Film Festival, the most intriguing word spreading on the Croisette is that Entertainment One is in discussions to acquire Alliance. We’ve even heard word that Alliance and Entertainment One will not be making offers on the same films here on territories where there is overlap — namely in Canada and the UK. In January, Alliance’s owners, Goldman Sachs and Investissement Quebec, put the Toronto-based company up for sale. Under Canadian law, the buyer has to be Canadian or have a Canadian partner since foreign groups can’t have controlling ownership of local media companies. Entertainment One says it doesn’t comment on acquisition speculation, and Alliance isn’t talking either.
Cannes Swirls With Talk Of Convergence Between Distributors eOne And Alliance
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…