Deadline’s Pete Hammond talks about hot festival movies such as (clockwise from top left) the superb Prohibition-era shoot-’em-up Lawless with Tom Hardy and Shia LeBeouf; Rust And Bone, with an awards-worthy star turn by Marion Cotillard, shown with Matthias Schoenaerts; Brad Pitt, pictured with Richard Jenkins, in the Mitchum-esque noir thriller Killing Them Softly; the crowd-pleasing Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted; and Jack Kerouac’s On The Road, brought to the screen by Walter Salles with a star-making turn from Garrett Hedlund, shown with Kristen Stewart and Sam Riley in the back seat. Other hot movies include a pair of Nicole Kidman triumphs — (below from left) Lee Daniels’ over-the-top The Paperboy and Philip Kaufman’s HBO epic Hemingway And Gellhorn plus Michael Haneke’s brilliant but challenging Amour. You can listen to Pete’s podcast from Cannes here.
Cannes Podcast: Pete Hammond On 'Lawless', 'Rust And Bone' And More
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Fall To Low As Dolly Parton Movie Wins In Viewers; 'Arrow' Hits Season Highs With Mega-Crossover
Latest Film News
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88
- Pharrell Williams On His ‘Hidden Figures’ Contribution: “It Made Sense For Everything We Stand For”
- Haim Saban Slams DNC Chair Hopeful Keith Ellison: “Anti-Semitic And Anti-Israel”
- Johnny Depp, Sam Raimi & Others Contribute To Film By 16-Year Old Cancer Patient
- ‘Jackie’ Review: Natalie Portman Astonishes With A Side Of Jackie Kennedy Never Before Seen
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: When Warren Met Kirk; #OscarsSoWhite A Thing Of The Past?