The Cannes sidebar event Directors Fortnight today honored Pablo Larrain’s No, which stars Gael Garcia Bernal as the young advertising executive who engineered the advertising campaign that toppled Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet in a 1988 referendum. The well-received movie was acquired by Sony Pictures Classics earlier this week. Other films honored in the Fortnight under the auspices of Europa Cinemas were Merzak Allouache’s El Taaib and Noémie Lvovsky’s Camille Rewinds. The Fortnight also recognized the short film Fyzal Boulifa’s The Curse and Basil da Cunha’s The Living Also Cry.
Cannes Directors Fortnight Prizes 'No'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Viacom’s Bob Bakish Completes First Week Of Meetings For Brad Grey’s Paramount Successor
- Encore: Oscar Producers Mike De Luca & Jennifer Todd Ponder Trump, Hopes & Anxieties Going Into Hollywood’s Big…
- ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ Review: Oscar-Nominated Toon Has No End Of Wonders
- ‘Little Boxes’ Will Unpack In Theaters In April
- César Awards Winners Announced (Live)
- ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Whips Past $300M At Worldwide Box Office