The Cannes sidebar event Directors Fortnight today honored Pablo Larrain’s No, which stars Gael Garcia Bernal as the young advertising executive who engineered the advertising campaign that toppled Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet in a 1988 referendum. The well-received movie was acquired by Sony Pictures Classics earlier this week. Other films honored in the Fortnight under the auspices of Europa Cinemas were Merzak Allouache’s El Taaib and Noémie Lvovsky’s Camille Rewinds. The Fortnight also recognized the short film Fyzal Boulifa’s The Curse and Basil da Cunha’s The Living Also Cry.
Cannes Directors Fortnight Prizes 'No'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Gotham’s Cory Michael Smith Joins ‘First Man’s Space Crew
- Frank Grillo, Jamie Bell To Topline ‘Donnybrook’; Yolonda Ross Joins ‘Out Of Blue’
- Peter Thiel-Backed Legal Startup Offers $100,000 To Women With Weinstein Claims
- Harvey Weinstein Resigns From TWC Board As Termination Ratified In Meeting
- ‘Almost Friends’ Acquired By Gravitas Ventures; Grasshopper Picks Up Iranian Drama ‘Ava’
- ‘Upgraded’: Ale Damiani To Helm Fox International Productions’ Latino Comedy