The Cannes sidebar event Directors Fortnight today honored Pablo Larrain’s No, which stars Gael Garcia Bernal as the young advertising executive who engineered the advertising campaign that toppled Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet in a 1988 referendum. The well-received movie was acquired by Sony Pictures Classics earlier this week. Other films honored in the Fortnight under the auspices of Europa Cinemas were Merzak Allouache’s El Taaib and Noémie Lvovsky’s Camille Rewinds. The Fortnight also recognized the short film Fyzal Boulifa’s The Curse and Basil da Cunha’s The Living Also Cry.
Cannes Directors Fortnight Prizes 'No'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Cecilia Vega & Tom Llamas New ‘ABC World News Tonight’ Weekend Anchors
- John Fairchild, Editor-In-Chief Of Women’s Wear Daily, Dead At 87
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Blames Hippies For STDs In CPAC Speech
- Dominic Pagone Upped To SVP Communications At FX Networks
- Tarak Ben Ammar, Dominique Delport Proposed To Join Vivendi’s Supervisory Board
- Dean Cain, Helen Slater Join ‘Supergirl’ Pilot