The exhibition chain has 45 theaters with 230 screens in the tri-state area around New York City, and includes Manhattan’s famed Ziegfield Theater. But “it is not a strategic asset for us,” Cablevision CFO Gregg Siebert told analysts this morning. “Clearview is not core by any stretch of the imagination.” He says that Cablevision expects to have a “robust process” as it explores strategic options — typically the code word for putting a property up for sale. “There are others who can do more with that asset.” But he added that the company is “still in the early stages” of the process. The cable company bought Clearview in 1998. But Cablevision has other fish to fry now as it struggles to grow in the face of tough competition from Verizon and AT&T for video, broadband, and phone customers.
Cablevision Begins To Shop Clearview Cinemas Chain
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Nosing Out ‘Pitch Perfect’ For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…