Producers of the Tony-nominated play The Best Man have chosen James Lecesne to take over Michael McKean’s role in the revival of the Gore Vidal-written play. The revival, now on Broadway, also stars John Larroquette, James Earl Jones, Angela Lansbury, Candice Bergen and Eric McCormack. Lecesne, a New York Film Academy documentary professor, was making his Broadway debut in a smaller role in the ensemble. Now he steps up to play campaign manager Dick Jensen in the political drama.
Broadway's 'The Best Man' Finds Replacement For Injured Michael McKean
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa