Bill Murray somehow fits perfectly — like an old slipper — on the set of Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom, the Focus Features drama that just opened the Cannes Film Festival and comes out in the U.S. on Friday. He and Anderson are old pals, with the actor having worked on every Anderson-directed film except his first one Bottle Rocket (“I still haven’t seen that one,” Murray deadpans during his video tour of the production). While it’s not the elaborate video diary of Peter Jackson on The Hobbit set, it strikes the right tone for the latest Anderson effort, which received a standing ovation at the Palais during its Cannes premiere that brought Murray to tears.
Bill Murray Gives Nickel Tour Of Wes Anderson's 'Moonrise Kingdom' Set: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Film News
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic
- ‘Rebel In The Rye’ Trailer: Holden Caulfield Gets His Bookish Moment
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Comic-Con: Noah Hawley Developing ‘Doctor Doom’ Movie For Fox