Bill Murray somehow fits perfectly — like an old slipper — on the set of Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom, the Focus Features drama that just opened the Cannes Film Festival and comes out in the U.S. on Friday. He and Anderson are old pals, with the actor having worked on every Anderson-directed film except his first one Bottle Rocket (“I still haven’t seen that one,” Murray deadpans during his video tour of the production). While it’s not the elaborate video diary of Peter Jackson on The Hobbit set, it strikes the right tone for the latest Anderson effort, which received a standing ovation at the Palais during its Cannes premiere that brought Murray to tears.
Bill Murray Gives Nickel Tour Of Wes Anderson's 'Moonrise Kingdom' Set: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Briefs Agents On Contract Talks Amid Strike Threat
- Terry Zwigoff Signs With ICM Partners
- Shaun Grant To Adapt ‘Penguin Bloom’; Naomi Watts To Star
- Saban Films Ups Execs Jonathan Saba & Ness Saban
- Focus Buys Political Drama Pitch From ‘Novitiate’ Helmer Maggie Betts
- Bart & Fleming: As Daniel Day-Lewis Exits, Who Wears Greatest Living Actor Crown?